is the automatron worth it?

Lonemankane

to me I would say no, if you had to pay up £10 for this I would laugh it's just a added workshop to make robots and once all of the main quest is over there is nothing but repeatable missions, to me this dlc should be about £4 at the most not £10. so to answer this in a shorter way I would just say pick it up if you got the dlc pass when it was £30 or just wait for it to go on sale later on as it sands it's hardly nothing.

yep it's just another repeatable quest again not worth £10  hell the dlc pass should go back to £30 or £20 if this is all we are going to get other then the big dlc that lets us go to places.

edit: it other words it's just another horse armour dlc but this time it's for fallout then oblivion.

Edited by KANERKB

I would say yes, it is worth it if you either get it in the season pass or plan to play it with a new character.

The storyline was entertaining for me and 2-3 hours, depending on difficulty and your character, are acceptable. You are playing against new enemies and in some new indoor facilities. The other part is the robot builder, and this is why it is more interesting for new characters: You can build many things on your robot depending on your own perks. I played my level 70 character and had everything available, but with a low level character you can develop your robot alongside your character and make him your perfect companion over time. Also, their are some cool new additions: A new armor type, new weapons and a few things for your settlements.

I can't recommend the dlc if you have finished F4 and just want to buy the single dlc, but i think it's good enough for the season pass and it's a good addition if you're new to the game.

Edit: Oh, and the dlc made me play this game like 10 hours today while collecting more of the armor parts, looking for secrets, collecting scrap parts and building robots.

Edited by bioxz
  • Like 1

I got it, its worth the $10 i spent on it.  It's more game and i like the game.  New weapons, enemies, areas, bosses, NPCs,  I could spend more than $10 at the local cinema to see some lame ass movie for 2 hours or this, i pick this.  if that helps.  btw, the new quest (dlc) starts on a radio transmission so check there.  i've played for about 3 hours and im still not done with it.  I don't rush my games.  i take time with them as i have the time to take. there is also  5 more trophies for those of you that care.  all in all it's worth the price of admission if you enjoyed the core game and want a little more.  if you didn't care for what came before, well, save your money, it mostly the same.

I enjoyed it but like others have said it's really short.

Did anyone else happen to be wearing the Silver Shroud outfit when doing the last mission? :) Good times.

Edited by Splathew

Nope, it's not worth $10 on it's own.  With the $30 season pass, maybe.  If you missed out, I would wait for the eventual "Complete Edition" bundle to come out.

I certainly hope the rest of the DLC isn't as short or takes place all in the original map.  Half of the fun of the Fallout 3 / New Vegas DLC is odd places you end up going to like Anchorage or Sierra Madre.

I enjoyed it but like others have said it's really short.

Did anyone else happen to be wearing the Silver Shroud outfit when doing the last mission? :) Good times.

I always wear the silver shroud costume. There should be a shroud option for every conversation in the game!

============================

The story was interesting but whether its worth $10 standalone comes down to how much you are interested in modding and creating robots. I have replaced some lazy settlers with some of my robots already. Good excuse to execute your average joe settlers as long as you have enough materials. Maybe you can have as many robots as you'd like in a settlement? Robot army!

Edited by SeobabyGoguma