It's been a while, Flawless Raider

IN1T8K

Hey guys. So I was looking through my backlog earlier this week, and realized that I had never finished Destiny. I put a ton of time into this game between it's release and the time TTK came out. The problem was, I got super burnt out on it and it got really boring to me about a month before TTK released. Looking though my trophies, I see that I'm only one trophy away from getting the platinum, that being Flawless Raider. I have not played Destiny in some time now, and since TTK came out I've only played about 6 hours or so. I still don't understand the new light system, haven't played the new raid, I doubt I have any Year 2 gear or weapons, but I am good at the game. So my question is, how hard would Flawless Raider be? To be honest I never really found raids to be fun, I did VoG probably only about 4 times, and Crota twice I think. So with the new level caps and gear and such, would getting a team to do Flawless Raider be hard? I don't even remember how to do the raids, frankly. :/ Thanks in advance.

It depends on a lot of your current gear and level. You might want to read and learn about its new Light system, it's not that hard to understand how it works. If you happen to not have enough Light for the raid you can play the game casually for a day or two and get some drops/engrams to up your Light.

The trophy itself isn't hard considering you beat VoG 4 times as you mentioned earlier, and Vault of Glass is so far the easiest raid to go full flawless. But trying to go for it unprepared definitely is not going to work, so try to read/learn exactly what you have to do in each step, or even playing the raid yourself. As for the fireteam you can use the Gaming Session, there are plenty of users here trying to get this trophy in particular.

I did a few rounds of Crota's End by myself to get this trophy, which is the last I need for the platinum. I can get to Crota by myself without any help but fail to face Crota, 'cause i can't lower his shield fast enough (And I have a 170 Gjallarhorn). The hardest part for me is knowing how to get the bridge on and cross with the sword and, of course, Crota, which I haven't kill yet.

It depends on a lot of your current gear and level. You might want to read and learn about its new Light system, it's not that hard to understand how it works. If you happen to not have enough Light for the raid you can play the game casually for a day or two and get some drops/engrams to up your Light.

The trophy itself isn't hard considering you beat VoG 4 times as you mentioned earlier, and Vault of Glass is so far the easiest raid to go full flawless. But trying to go for it unprepared definitely is not going to work, so try to read/learn exactly what you have to do in each step, or even playing the raid yourself. As for the fireteam you can use the Gaming Session, there are plenty of users here trying to get this trophy in particular.

The easiest raid to flawless is Crota's End by far - you can even do it solo.

The easiest raid to flawless is Crota's End by far - you can even do it solo.

I personally found quite difficult to pull a flawless on this one when I did it myself, it's totally doable after some practice though.  :ninja: I still prefer going VoG even though it takes a bit longer to complete, forming a fireteam for it is pretty easy nowadays since most people already played it before.

I stuck with the the game through Taken King, but was in a similar spot as you, with only this trophy left, and when I heard that Crota's End was soloable, I decided to try to it (did not want to have to rely on anyone else for this trophy). It ended up being easier than I thought it would be, and a fun solo challenge to boot. To have the easiest time, I'd recommend leveling up for a week or two first (get into the 280s or 290s). I did it with a hunter, which I think is easiest, but any class can work. You can find videos on doing it, but here are some tips:

- Abyss: if you have a hunter, you can stack invisibility talents and run through it, just like in year 1. If not, you can get through now if you're careful. A new weapon called Zhalo Supercell works wonders here.

- Bridge: this is tough to do reliably, but all three classes can jump the bridge pretty easily now, with Hunters having the bones of eao boots granting an extra jump. Get the sword, jump the bridge, kill the ogres, and you're set. Remember, if you're solo, to not go up by the ogre doors, because that will activate the totems and wipe you. Just stay down low on the edges and snipe the ogres when they arrive.

- Thrallway: if you have time to run the exotic quest to get the heavy weapon the sleeper stimulant, that thing can take out the shriekers with a single shot, even when they're closed. If you don't, just wait for them to open and snipe them.

- Ir Yut: Again, sleeper stimulant works wonders here. Sleeper the two shriekers, run in and two sleeper shots kills Ir Yut. If you don't, again, rockets and snipers. After this, get ready for a long session of cleaning up the adds, by far the most tedious part of the solo flawless raid (you can't wipe to reset obviously).

- Finally, Crota. There are lots of strategies you can find out there, but by far the easiest for me was using a hunter with the solar exotic sword. Go invis, grab the chalice, one heavy attack with the sword kills the swordbearer. Grab the sword, go invis again on the rock, get up by Crota. This is where it's a bit tricky with the the buttons, but pretty easy and reliable: drop the Crota sword, take out the solar sword, one heavy swipe makes him kneel. Pick up the Crota sword, slam him three times, and then get the hell out of there (it can be done in a single sword, but not worth the risk if you're going for flawless). Wait for Crota to rotate right, then back to center. Find the Sword bearer again, and repeat. Three more slams kills him.

You can likely find videos that outline all this, but these are my recommended strategies. With good gear, the solar sword, and the sleeper simulat, it's 100% doable with some practice. Might take you a couple days to put it all together. But the platinum is within reach now, and best of all you don't have to rely on other people to not die. Good luck!

Edited by Salfordladd
  • Like 1

There's a lot of good ideas in this thread:

Advice for running CE solo

I especially like Mike's sunbro run. There's more than one way to skin a cat, right? Anywho...Flawless, I'd still stick with the tried and true Bladedancer with all the invisibility perks. I'm not going to repeat the same weapon loadout everyone else has already said. I would recommend the Don't Touch Me gauntlets for the abyss and the Bones of Aeo for the Bridge though.