I think the game just glitched on me >:/

SilverGriever

So, I'm on planet Gaspar collecting all the brains. Everything is going ok when I release one of the flying brain squids. I kill it but die a second after, and the 3 brains don't reach me before I die. I keep collecting all the other brains hoping it wouldn't affect my total. But after searching everywhere I'm still missing exactly 3 brains. I'm also pretty sure it glitched on me because the force field re-appears (and the 3 switches to open it) but it's empty. The other force fields stay off.

I don't mind the trophy too much because it's my first playthrough and I can get it on my second. But will not getting all the brains (and getting whatever the item is )prevent me from completing the game?     

There is an area waaaay back that has 3 brain eggs. Did you get those? Those my were last ones. Just jetpack towards the back of the area where you first started. They are quite isolated from all the other eggs

If you're talking about a platform that had a lot of enemy robots too, then yes. I think I did go there. I checked the map on the menu and there were some dark areas marked as unexplored. But now everything is lit up. I'm pretty sure it glitched but I'll check again.

Btw, what do you get for getting all brains? Do you need it to complete the game?