Stingers!?!

slexo

I found the easiest way to get this is to go into a quick match against a level 1 or 2 bot and have the amount of games set to 9. Make sure there are no level hazards. Throw the ball so that it is a fireball, to do this you want to get it right as the arrows start blinking white or right before. Then curve your shot into the opponent. Also make sure that you have not previously hit him. It took me about 20 minutes to get the 10 I had left.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I found that the easiest way for me to get stingers was to play Story Mode on the casual difficulty on the A Shady Fellowship level. Stand approximately 15m away from one of the hippies and throw a curve ball to hit them. The stingers are random, but curving is needed to make it happens. To make a curve ball you simply need to do a shot with maximum power and move your right stick!

• 3 years later...

I had a lot of trouble with this trophy, so I'll post my method here to help anyone else who might be struggling with this. I set up a team match with a team consisting of 4 or 5 CPUs on one team with the lowest difficulty vs myself. Play on any stage stage just make sure to turn off all the hazards and harassments.

When the match starts, wait until one of the CPUs throws the ball at you. If you catch the ball, the charging speed of your throw will be very quick, so quickly throw the ball after catching it. Whenever I hit a CPU, I got a stinger hit like 30% or 40% of the time. This could be a good method for anyone who's out of ideas on how to achieve this trophy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...