Game Genie. Does it disabble trophies? Lets see

Jarred_450

Since there are claims from the creators stating that it disables most games trophies, but their video blatantly shows a trophy being earned for God of War 3, I picked up a Game Genie to test it for myself and I will report here my finding.

Also Sly/eburk/AF if you want to remove Dark_KnightRisen from the leader boards feel free as I am using a cheat device to earn trophies on this account.

https://psnprofiles.com/Dark_KnightRisen

First Game

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Cheat Available - Max Money

When was cheat used - Near end of DNA sequence 2 (after all the tutorials on how to buy things)

Did trophies still pop afterwards? - Yes I earned 7 trophies after installing cheat ranging from 10 killstreak - completions of DNA sequence 2 - throw money in a well.

Do I think this makes the platinum easier to achieve - Yes and No. While having the money to buy the latest armor as it becomes available makes the actual game easier. But the games combat system is basically hold :r1: wait for enemy to stike then press :square: to kill them. So the latest armor doesn't make it that much easier to achieve. But I will say that having money that much earlier in the game allows you to purchase the crossbow, allowing you to 100% the "do not be detected" missions easier without replaying them later once you have saved up for the crossbow. So I will go as far as to say that it makes the :silver: Il Principe from The Davinci Disappearance DLC easier to achieve.

Edited by Dark_Knight
  • Like 1

since i have never heard of game genie, i did some research about it myself, and i found out that the max money cheat usually doesnt disable trophies since there is no trophy for having "max money" in assassins creed brotherhood. you did a good experiment, but if you really want to test that, you should try a game that has a trophy for max money.

http://hyperkin.com/blog/2012/06/game-genie-save-editor-for-ps3-faq/