Covenant Rewards?

RASMUS_CRAELIUS

You need the Covenant mark (which you can equip to mark your self for this covenant) atleast once , after that you can increase you rank .  

So if you get it in first playthrought , you can kill the tree on second playthrough without doing the "joining "quest again.

If you missed the mark on first playthrough (like me) , you have to wait for NG+ to rank up.

Edit: wait im maybe wrong with that , you can rank up on altar everytime , but without the covenant mark you cant get the items through pvp .

Edit 2 : quote from wiki : "It is worth noting that, even if you did not obtain the covenant equip item in a playthrough, you may still turn in vertebra shackles obtained through other means for the covenants rank rewards."

Edited by Xionx

I heard there is a second chance if you do sirris questline , you join the covenant too.  But there is not much info how far you are in the game.

This is correct. I got my Mound Makers this way. You have to speak to her after you find Anri/Horace (she will appear in firelink shrine), then you need to get the Dreamcatcher's Ashes from Road of sacrifices and give it to the maiden, then talk to her again (she appears for the second time at firelink shrine), then you go to the bridge at Irithyll of Boreal Valley and get summoned by her to help her kill Creighton the Wanderer, then you need to kill Aldrich, and then her summon sign will be outside Cursed-rotted Greatwood or whatever, and help her kill Holy Knight Hodrick, she will then give it to you.

EDIT: If you join Rosaria's Fingers at any point after talking to her, she turns on you and you can no longer do it in that playthrough.

Edited by Griffon234