Stats disappearing

Numbi

I have been playing this game off and on and started to reach higher levels and unlock abilities, which made me feel like I was finally getting somewhere in this game. Then I took a trip and played a few games offline and my stats were gone. I had 20+ deaths and unlocked a few things and then I was back down to 2 deaths and all my unlocks were gone. Is this a glitch or did this happen because I played offline?

When I said play offline I guess I should have been more clear. What I mean is when the vita goes into rest mode while the game is on it comes back with the message "you have been disconnected" so I assumed this meant the game was connected to a server somewhere. That is what I meant by online/offline. I figured since I played all the games connected to the internet and then played a game while not connected to the internet that it somehow reset my stats. I am as confused about this as you are. I really don't feel like pouring more hours into the game only to have the same thing happen down the line.

Yes I did close the game. I read that might be the problem but I just opened the game now and I still have 2 deaths and my 1 token available. I guess the best option for anyone would be to upload the save file to the PS+ cloud after every game or at least before closing it. That is what I plan on doing in the near future. I just wanted to make this topic to warn others that there may be a problem with this game's save function.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Yes, this does happen, I tried this on 3 save files on 2 Vitas and there's a extremely big possibility your abilities will disappear is you close the game. Until you have them all maxed out and "Perfect Conditioning" has popped you should not close the game or you'll most probably have to start grinding all abilities again from start.

It's not mentioned in the guide, but tokens don't disappear so you should collect them until you have 4 to unlock the best ability which is more fire resistance. I read somewhere that the VIta version doesn't have tokens hidden like the PS4 version but I forgot where I saw it. I never got any token in the Vita version except from a Miss Ion Mission. So keep doing them.

Dont quit from the game until you have all the abilities, you have been warned...

Stupidly the Vita version will always show you the abilities menu even when you can no longer buy anything. This game is a fuck fest of stupid things.