Is this game any fun? :O

SnowyWhiteFox777

First off, the same is loud and there are no volume controls.  I had to scramble for the remote as soon as it opened.  Played at a comfortable volume and when I went back to the regular PS menu bar, I couldn't hear anything.

Is it fun?  Sort of.  The controls aren't that smooth (Shatter was much better) and sometimes I can't see the ball through the little explosions when it hits a brick.  So when it's going really fast and getting high combos, by the time I can see the ball again it's about to go past the paddle.

Are the trophies easy?  Not very.  The first few arcade trophies (level 1, 2, and 3, and the first 3-star one) should come easily as you're just playing through and the levels unlock.  Later levels are harder but you make progress just by clearing one screen at a time.  The survival trophies will not be easy, as you have to clear all levels on one playthrough (I presume -- I doubt I'll be able to clear just the first 10, so unless there's some sort of continue or a whole lot of extra lives on the way, that's as far as I'm going to get).

Fun: 5/10.  I'll probably come back to it occasionally just to get through the arcade levels, but that's about it.  And I have learned to turn the volume way down before I open it.

Trophy difficulty: First few, 2/10.  Last few, 11/10.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

I have fond memories of playing brick breaker games on PC years ago, I saw this game on the PS Store for £2.50 and thought it was worth a whirl at that price.

I was wrong. The controls are horrible which sucks any fun out of playing this. Instead of the bar smoothly moving from side to side, it jerks along in increments. 

I played for about 30 mins before putting the game down for good. Not my cup of tea, but some people may like the game. 

• Like 4