Disney interactive is out of the console business.

Daniel_Shadow170

Toys to life is more or less dead beyond the people buying Amiibos. Game packs arn't even selling anymore from Lego Dimensions to Infinity to Skylanders. The only thing toys to life i really receive and stock at work are Infinity figures. But once the collectors who want to buy the new Civil War figures get them then even those will trickle to a stop. Compared to the first two generations of Skylanders where every single night I would be filling in game packs and skylander figures.

Even Amiibo isn't doing great because of how utter shit the supply chain is from Nintendo. They'll swamp us with 10 huge boxes of Dr. Mario but not send a figure people actually want. And yes, at one point our whole Amiibo section was filled up solely with Dr. Mario.

Edited by Yadilie

Anyone who thought those "toys to life" things would last more than a year or two, was deluding themselves. They had a good run, but that run is up, and I'm glad. I enjoyed 2.0, I fucking loved the Spider-Man stuff and it was by far the best Spidey game in my opinion since Web of Shadows, The Avengers mission was pretty sweet too. I still haven't got around to 3.0 unfortunately, but it looks pretty good.

It's a shame though, that they closed down, because I really enjoyed these games, but if this is the cost to finally start the overdue death of these toys to life things, then I'm down. I don't want to go spend 20 bucks just to get a character in a game, and then be stuck with some stupid toy that I'll just shove in a drawer or something, plus having to pull out a stupid base thing, waste a USB port on that, make space on my stand and shit, I hate it. I just want to play my damn game, and the Infinity games were (although basic, which is understandable since their target audience is 5) actually pretty sweet, so this is unfortunate.

• Like 1