Fishing for beginners... Tips?

OK, I've been trying to get this with a partner and have no idea why it's not blocking the burst. We both have burst and I immediately hold back after my attack hits. He uses it, yet, it doesn't block! Sometimes he does it in the middle of my attack and sometimes does it after it connects.

Could this be a timing issue on his part or am I supposed to time it when I press back to block? Could it be both?

Not sure where to go from here. There aren't any helpful tips online or any videos explain how it works.

Any helpful tips would be appreciated!!!

We used the wrestler guy for both characters. Do the forward quarter circle jump attack. Start holding back as soon as you initiate the move. Then it's just your partner timing his burst as soon as he's hit.

Use Yu Narukami on Yu Narukami. Start with 5AAA until he is about to do ragion lion, then simply delay for a small frame moment and block straight away. Your partner bursts as soon as you jump and would normally do the ragion lion. Repeat that process for your partner too and you both should have the trophy. If ou can't manage to make this hit me up and i'll do it quick with you.