Yooka-Laylee delayed to Q1 2017.

Daniel_Shadow170

Devs / companys should stop giving release dates so early .  All the delays are just annoy ppl .  i dont care if a game comes later , but delaying is way to common today.

It was part of starting a Kickstarter. A delivery date must be given to start the process. It's also the nature of bigger video games these days. This isn't some lame Steam game that took 2 weeks to code.

It was part of starting a Kickstarter. A delivery date must be given to start the process. It's also the nature of bigger video games these days. This isn't some lame Steam game that took 2 weeks to code.

i never said it is easy to code .  but some companys throw out release dates 2-3 years befor release . That kickstarter have to do this is something i didnt know .

Edited by Xionx

I was quite surprised to read that they originally planned a release in 2016. IMO it's okay but they may make a mistake by mentioned another release window like Q1 2017. A better way would be the one other devs like Gears for Breakfast (A Hat in Time) did. If I remember correctly they said in early 2014 (or was it early 2015?) that they won't give a release date or even a release window until they know that the game is in the last phase (--> going gold). Especially for games with such concepts like open worlds it's a good decision as it helps nobody if there's an open world but it looks empty as empty as Superman 64 and isn't fun to explore.

At least they are far more into the game's developement than other projects that started way earlier (*cough* Project Phoenix *cough*). Wish the devs all the best although I don't care for Banjo-Threeie, ehm, Yooka-Laylee (IMO it makes too much use of good reminiscence).

I heard about this game too late to fund the Kickstarter, here's hoping they'll release a collector's edition for the general public with some of those nice goodies.

Both games I already pre-ordered (No Man's Sky and Horizon Zero Dawn) have been delayed already so I guess I can wait for this one as well. With all these games being delayed, I might actually get a chance to reduce my backlog some more...