Yooka-Laylee delayed to Q1 2017.

Daniel_Shadow170

You can't have a Kickstarter without a delivery date up front. Not giving a timetable would have eliminated using Kickstarter all together.

Then you say a realistic year and don't give a month. Everyone knew it wasn't going to make the October date and I'm sure it won't make this Q1 ether.

Not surprised. I just got the email too. 

Good. If they want to polish the game up even more, I am not going to complain. 

I'd paraphrase Miyamoto - "A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is bad forever".

2016 we have these things called patches I cringe when I hear that awful outdated quote.
  • Like 2

Then you say a realistic year and don't give a month. Everyone knew it wasn't going to make the October date and I'm sure it won't make this Q1 ether.

How sure are you? Bit of a rush to judgment, looks like. I think the frustration with day one patches is WAY louder on the internet than the frustration with delays. Game-fixing patching is lazy and people who have accepted them are irrational. This is one delay. When it ships in their new target date, you can go ahead and change your opinion on all delays going forward.

How sure are you? Bit of a rush to judgment, looks like. I think the frustration with day one patches is WAY louder on the internet than the frustration with delays. Game-fixing patching is lazy and people who have accepted them are irrational. This is one delay. When it ships in their new target date, you can go ahead and change your opinion on all delays going forward.

Very sure. I won't change my opinion on it at all you delay your game when it can easily be patched in is ridiculous this is how the new world of gaming works.

2016 we have these things called patches I cringe when I hear that awful outdated quote.

Yeah, but then you get a forum thread saying "this game is a broken POS, when is a patch coming". 

Delaying a game to get it right first time is preferable IMO. Many games these days, especially indies, even hotly anticipated ones, get that first launch week to impress. After that, many gamers will hear the initial, negative feedback, and never express interest in the game again.

But I accept your point. Patches are a thing. 

Patches usually just do so much, and the game might not function correctly at all until certain things are fixed, which means it must be done before release. Seriously, games can have testers that say the game needs fixes to a lot of stuff, and the people in charge may just fix a couple of these things, saying they can fix the rest after release. This is normal practice in software development when you can release patches. It might be fine when it comes to a lot of software, but in this case, you're punishing people who support you the most, who buy the game on day one. Also, when a game has been released, people have bought it and the publisher got their money, there's very little incentive for the publisher to actually fix the problems other than the most serious and obvious ones.

I rather they finish the game, and then release it, instead of half-finish the game, release it and maybe fix some stuff later.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

lol that direct hit at the end of the trailer towards 'Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts' And yeah, I already in my mind thought that the game wasn't coming out this year. This is the only game I don't mind being delayed, as I want its team to take their sweet time, and make sure they release the game they want to release, not the game they're being told to release, but they don't want to release. Not much to worry about anywho, since Microsoft ain't got them tied to a leash this time around. And of course, they're Playtonic now, not Rare.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r

lol that direct hit at the end of the trailer towards 'Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts' 

Not wanting to go too off topic, but what is the big deal about N&B? Everyone hates on it, but I thought it was great. It wasn't traditional B-K gameplay, sure, but as a spin off title, what it did do was executed very well. 

People who were butt-hurt over the game not being Banjo-Threeie are doing themselve's a disservice if they ignored or hated this game for what it wasn't, rather than appreciated N&B for what it was. 

• Like 1

Not wanting to go too off topic, but what is the big deal about N&B? Everyone hates on it, but I thought it was great. It wasn't traditional B-K gameplay, sure, but as a spin off title, what it did do was executed very well. 

People who were butt-hurt over the game not being Banjo-Threeie are doing themselve's a disservice if they ignored or hated this game for what it wasn't, rather than appreciated N&B for what it was. 

Oh, I actually liked Nuts and Bolts. Not the Banjo-Kazooie game I wanted at all still, though. People say "If you don't think of it as a Banjo-Kazooie game, then maybe you'd enjoy it" Well, I still enjoyed it as a Banjo-Kazooie game. :lol: Not the game I still wanted, but I did enjoy it for what it was. I'm sure if Rare did make Banko-Threeie, and had Nuts and Bolts as a spin-off of some sort, and not a main game in the series, or something like that, many people wouldn't be bitching about it, and actually take the time to enjoy it. But knowing that that might be the last and only game from Rare from the Banko-Kazooie series, I guess people decided to bash on it.

• Like 1

Honestly, I haven't backed this project yet. So far it looks amazing, so I'm very tempted to actually back them to get a digital console release, especially seeing as they will be making DLCs that will be free to backers. :o It very much seems like they've been focusing on the right things, which is nice to see. :) Again, I'm glad they are taking their time with this to get it all right.

Edited by MMDE

Honestly, I haven't backed this project yet. So far it looks amazing, so I'm very tempted to actually back them to get a digital console release, especially seeing as they will be making DLCs that will be free to backers. :o It very much seems like they've been focusing on the right things, which is nice to see. :) Again, I'm glad they are taking their time with this to get it all right.

Erm, I'm still new to crowdfunding... but haven't you missed your chance? I thought Kickstarter gave you a month to raise funds, then donations are closed.

Or do they have a PayPal set-up for latecomers?

Erm, I'm still new to crowdfunding... but haven't you missed your chance? I thought Kickstarter gave you a month to raise funds, then donations are closed.

Or do they have a PayPal set-up for latecomers?

nvm, they have closed it now. :\

Edited by MMDE