itunes 12 issues. HELP~

Infected Elite

So itunes was all fine and dandy about 3 weeks ago. Then i converted a song from youtube to mp3 . com. and it showed royce da 5 9 twice. so i was like hmm. but it only listed it twice in the artist tab once the phone is plugged in (sync only these artists area had it listed twice). On my phone itself its all 1 artist, so no duplicates.

Then i go to fix it in itunes tonight along with a few other artist issues identical to this one, Caspian listed twice. No spaces are after these. all Artist and Sort by Artist spellings are the same and identical. So i edit royce and change it to Royce 5'9 and it grouped it into 1 artist in one big unknown album. 57 songs.

so i started going through the songs and making the songs match the album they belong to, but when i got done i realized every song made its own album. so if an album called layers for example had 10 songs, you think it would group as one album, under royce. but it became 10 albums with 1 song each album. WTF!!!!!!!!!!! to make matters worse, reading online, people said convert ID tags to v2.3 so i did. Now i have some songs with chinese letters or something or just "??? ????? ?" 

Seriously irritated beyond belief right now at itunes.

it should be as simple as all the artist names are spelled same, so we will group all 57 royce songs under royce. oh, theres 4 different albums, with approx 13 songs each, okay 4 albums. with 13 songs each. But Nope....... i cant seem to fix or fgure this out.

ANYBODY have any suggestions?

So itunes was all fine and dandy about 3 weeks ago. Then i converted a song from youtube to mp3 . com. and it showed royce da 5 9 twice. so i was like hmm. but it only listed it twice in the artist tab once the phone is plugged in (sync only these artists area had it listed twice). On my phone itself its all 1 artist, so no duplicates.

Then i go to fix it in itunes tonight along with a few other artist issues identical to this one, Caspian listed twice. No spaces are after these. all Artist and Sort by Artist spellings are the same and identical. So i edit royce and change it to Royce 5'9 and it grouped it into 1 artist in one big unknown album. 57 songs.

so i started going through the songs and making the songs match the album they belong to, but when i got done i realized every song made its own album. so if an album called layers for example had 10 songs, you think it would group as one album, under royce. but it became 10 albums with 1 song each album. WTF!!!!!!!!!!! to make matters worse, reading online, people said convert ID tags to v2.3 so i did. Now i have some songs with chinese letters or something or just "??? ????? ?" 

Seriously irritated beyond belief right now at itunes.

it should be as simple as all the artist names are spelled same, so we will group all 57 royce songs under royce. oh, theres 4 different albums, with approx 13 songs each, okay 4 albums. with 13 songs each. But Nope....... i cant seem to fix or fgure this out.

ANYBODY have any suggestions?

Spend some time mass-editing all those id3 tags from those songs you "downloaded" since the original people who put them on the web for others to download did a bad job setting up the id3's originally.

iTunes is reading the correct spot for the data of the id3 tags, it just has garbage data in there. This is very, very common on songs downloaded from sharing sites and does not tend to happen on songs purchased through legitimate means.

If you use Windows, I recommend:

foobar2000

Never had a single issue with it, very light weight, tons of customization options, a lot of good working plug-ins to support all kinds of stuff, especially useful a lot more file formats etc. Can handle playlists of hundreds of thousands of tracks quickly with no small freezes or latency etc. I haven't installed iTunes in years, only useful thing for that program is if you're going to buy something.

Anyway, you can easily tag using the program, and select what kind of tagging to use etc.

Edited by MMDE