getting Devil Horns for PS and HC modes?

rockstarjazz

i've been checking a couple of other threads and am still unclear as to the step by step method of getting these unlocked for PS and HC.

my situation: i have just completed the story on normal mode. i have dead space 3 on disc. when i started playing i installed the patch 1.02. i did NOT bought awakened seperately. i dont even know if i have awakened - unless this is included in the patch and 1.02 is a package of DS3 and awakened?

if so, then going by what i read on threads, i should..
(while on 1.02) completed normal mode which i have done, then
save
delete game data
go offline
reinstall dead space 3 from my disc, rejecting the patch install
run this
start a new game plus on classic and complete
then the horns should be unlocked and read for PS and HC when i reach chapter 3

am i right?

if not whats the exact order of steps to go through since the threads here mention downloading the game which i don't do as i have the disc, and i dont know if 1.02 already includes awakened?
thank

• 1 month later...

Yes you are right, you can complete Classic on 1.02 and then save an reinstall the game reverting back to 1.00. The load you classic save file and choose new game on either HC or PS then get to chapter 2 equip Devils horn and save, Reload Classic save and start new game on the last difficulty you need and get to chapter 2, equip and save, After that you a free to update to newest version again.

You cant have Awakened DLC installed and load a save on 1.00 because if you have ever saved with DLC installed you will need it for all saves made while DLC was installed.