Heart & Slash Discussion Thread

Normalcy1

So, what are everyone's first impressions of this interesting title..? I had to drop $20 on it when I learned that the game is a Devil May Cry rogue-lite and so far I'm pretty satisfied! I love the different combinations of weapons and equips that you can utilize. On the other hand I'm not too fond of how upgrade components are acquired. The upgrade system itself is fun and brilliant, however I dislike how you may have to play the first level for 20+ minutes if you want to buff your character up for later levels due to the fact that defeating enemies is the only way to acquire upgrades. I think I would prefer it if every room were mandatory, albeit the stages were shorter and drops were more abundant.

Then again, I have yet to beat the second boss  :lol:

How is everyone else feeling about the game?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Any advise would be welcome and massively appreciated! 

Basically I know that you can grind out level replays on the first level to better yourself for later on. I've got to about the 3rd stage when you get outside and there are really high platforms to jump up to. 

My question is where the shittingell are you supposed to go and what are you supposed to do!? I just switched off and haven't bothered since. Even in the other levels I have no idea, the game is not clear on anything. I was debating on coming back to it but just can't be arsed running around aimlessly for hours.... 

• 2 years later...

This has been on sale again right now for £3.99, so I decided to buy it and have another crack at it (I played it for about a second 4 years ago and then promptly sold the disc lol)

My thoughts:
It looks good, plays great, and all bugs have been fixed ?
It starts off tough, but gets much easier the more you play it! 
Some trophies were a bit of hell but tbh I am glad I went back to it as I ended up enjoying it in the end ?
I can see why it's still an ultra rare platinum though... But it was very satisfying to finally beat it! 

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 3