Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy (PS2) trophy list thoughts

Finozzi1696

Oof.  I'd forgotten how brutal the hard QTEs can be.  I might not be able to get the platinum for a while.  :(

Keep trying you will get it, I have hard time with these as well. 3 places that give me hard time, during Chapter 6 (Alternate Reality) Fight with bug, Chapter 18 (The Storm) Fight with oracle & Chapter 41 (Where Is Jade) Fight with oracle. You need all those talisman/crucifix that you can get. Always retry if you have less than 2-3 lives per fight.

Keep trying you will get it, I have hard time with these as well. 3 places that give me hard time, during Chapter 6 (Alternate Reality) Fight with bug, Chapter 18 (The Storm) Fight with oracle & Chapter 41 (Where Is Jade) Fight with oracle. You need all those talisman/crucifix that you can get. Always retry if you have less than 2-3 lives per fight.

I'm wondering if the difficulty can be cheesed - because the game still seems to rely on the PS2 autosave system.  So if you were to knock the difficulty to easy, beat the QTE, then put the difficulty back before the game checkpoints - would it still count?

Oof.  I'd forgotten how brutal the hard QTEs can be.  I might not be able to get the platinum for a while.  :(

Is it really that hard on the Hard difficulty? I'm doing my first playthrough on Normal and it's already really difficult at times! :unsure: can't imagine how it might be on the hardest difficulty. I've already played the game some years ago but it was on Easy I think, never really played it on Normal or Hard before (because I wasn't a trophy/platinum hunter so I didn't bothered at the time, but now I do :D)

Edited by Finozzi1696

I'm wondering if the difficulty can be cheesed - because the game still seems to rely on the PS2 autosave system.  So if you were to knock the difficulty to easy, beat the QTE, then put the difficulty back before the game checkpoints - would it still count?

Someone apparently tried changing from Normal to Hard after starting the first chapter and didn't get the trophy (it needs to be set to Hard from the main menu already), so it might also void the trophy if you do that?

I'm not sure, maybe you can test it out, but before you do that, do backup your save just in case. But I wouldn't recommend it

Is it really that hard on the Hard difficulty? I'm doing my first playthrough on Normal and it's already really difficult at times! :unsure: can't imagine how it might be on the hardest difficulty. I've already played the game some years ago but it was on Easy I think, never really played it on Normal or Hard before (because I wasn't a trophy/platinum hunter so I didn't bothered at the time, but now I do :D)

It is hard if you didn't get familiar with it, but it's get easier with retries and practice. You get it eventually.

• Like 1

Just pray that after all the effort of finishing it on hard with how buggy those QTEs sometimes are, you actually get the trophy. I've completed the game an additonal 3 times now, still hasn't popped with no idea as to why.

Oh that's sad! :(

Have you tried deleting the game completely from your PS4? including going to your hard drive option in the Settings menu and deleting its save files from there instead of deleting it from inside the game. Then after you make sure there's not a single trace of the game left on your PS4 try to download it again, set it on "Hard" before starting to play and see if you can unlock it this time.

Also, did you watched until the end of the credits? maybe if you try to skip them it can prevent the trophy from unlocking (at least this happened with Heavy Rain and I think Beyond too).

same here, hard difficult trophy don't pop, any solutions?

Try doing what I explained to Thrasher429:

"Have you tried deleting the game completely from your PS4? including going to your hard drive option in the Settings menu and deleting its save files from there instead of deleting it from inside the game. Then after you make sure there's not a single trace of the game left on your PS4 try to download it again, set it on "Hard" before starting to play and see if you can unlock it this time.

Also, did you watched until the end of the credits? maybe if you try to skip them it can prevent the trophy from unlocking (at least this happened with Heavy Rain and I think Beyond too)."

I don't know if it'll work but is the only solution I can think off :)

Yeah I did try that just today, sadly it still didn't do anything. Probably just going to come back to it at a later time, I can't sit through all those damn QTEs again.

Have you try starting fresh with new login and setting difficulty to hard in the beginning for the hard playthrough? Or did you use the existing login?

Have you try starting fresh with new login and setting difficulty to hard in the beginning for the hard playthrough? Or did you use the existing login?

I've tried with a new login and set the difficulty to hard in the main menu 3 times now. It just doesn't work at all