PS TV will neither update nor restore

RachelCharlotte

Hi, trying to update my PS TV I get the error NW-10743-5, same after formatting. Furthermore restoring the original settings simply fails without explanation or any piece of advice on what to do next.
Testing my (otherwise apparently fine) internet connection yields c2-13935-1 and I already tried to change the DNS (to 4.2.2.2/4.2.2.1) but it did nothing for me so I'm absolutely out of ideas.

Be careful with that malfunction. If it is anything like the one that happened to me with my PS3, it means that your wifi chip is malfunctioning and any system update may put your PSTV in an endless loop (update->fail->try again).

Thanks for the warning. But I think this should already have happened to me, if it was the same with the PSTV since I tried to update it several times.

What about Google ones (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4) have you tried those?

Unfortunately this doesn't change anything either.

Try putting it in Safe Mode and then Rebuild the Database.

I think that to get into safe mode, you have to turn the pstv off. Next hold the power button on the pstv until the screen says to plug in a wired controller. Then press the PS button on the controller. Rebuild Database should be option 2.

Rebuilding the database usually fixed this kind of error on the Vita, so I'd assume it's the same with the PSTV.

• Like 1

I see... this is problematic, this usually solved all my Vita wi-fi issues...

I suppose all your other devices connected to wi-fi work properly?

Yes, everythin around here connects to my router via Wi-Fi.

Try putting it in Safe Mode and then Rebuild the Database.

I think that to get into safe mode, you have to turn the pstv off. Next hold the power button on the pstv until the screen says to plug in a wired controller. Then press the PS button on the controller. Rebuild Database should be option 2.

Rebuilding the database usually fixed this kind of error on the Vita, so I'd assume it's the same with the PSTV.

Apparently that did the trick, I'm finally online again.

So thank you to everybody who has helped me so swiftly :)

Edited by Karlsson89
  • Like 1