End to the Madness ? One Last Time ?

ciccio_92

On 7/2/2022 at 12:42 AM, Profeelgood said:

Just played through the first fight with spector. I read online somewhere that it should unlock if you hit the robot monkey with your stun saber always. So that's what I did. And "end to the madness" popped up for me right on the final hit. Also playing on ps5 with the flashing bizazrro graphics. 

Haven't done the final showdown or the spike playthrough yet. 

On 7/26/2022 at 3:47 PM, NaughtNaught said:

I just got End to the Madness. To give quick context, this trophy was glitched for me for many years. Could not get it to pop even after defeating him countless times even on different playthroughs/saves. After reading this thread, I tried once again and got it. Played on time trail mode as spike, used stun club to damage Specter. As soon as you destroy the mech, the trophy pops.

This is defo a buggy trophy so it might have just been luck.

Edit: Played on PS4 version if that affects things

I would like to thank @NaughtNaught  and @Profeelgood for the advice, I finished the game with Jimmy/Hikaru and the trophy didn't pop, I ended up getting all 300 monkeys then finishing the game and getting "One Last Time trophy"(Get all 300 monkeys and have the final showdown with Specter), but I had "End to the madness"(Fight specter the first time around in "Moon Base" level) missing, when I came back around with Spike and getting all 300 monkeys again for Back for more(Get all 300 monkeys and have the final showdown as Spike) I tried to follow your advice and it worked, I didn't do time trial because I was still in my first run as Spike, the thing that I would note I only used Stun Club to hit and used sky flyer to dodge his attacks and moving around on feet and the Magnet to open up his hatch, didn't use any other gadgets for the trophy though used the net after the trophy popped to take specter.

I would like to note that I died once in the fight if that matters as well.

I would highly recommend once you reach the moon base stage to upload your save/copy it to USB as backup so you can try it again later on if it glitched/ so you could repeat it without time trial which is hard because you only have 1 life and once you die you start from the start of the level..

I'm not sure if it's any of importance but I did get all monkeys except one in that run as well OR that I got them all and a new monkey appeared in that level after I finished the game.

Good luck!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 12:53 PM, Matheo1121 said:

I would like to thank @NaughtNaught  and @Profeelgood for the advice, I finished the game with Jimmy/Hikaru and the trophy didn't pop, I ended up getting all 300 monkeys then finishing the game and getting "One Last Time trophy"(Get all 300 monkeys and have the final showdown with Specter), but I had "End to the madness"(Fight specter the first time around in "Moon Base" level) missing, when I came back around with Spike and getting all 300 monkeys again for Back for more(Get all 300 monkeys and have the final showdown as Spike) I tried to follow your advice and it worked, I didn't do time trial because I was still in my first run as Spike, the thing that I would note I only used Stun Club to hit and used sky flyer to dodge his attacks and moving around on feet and the Magnet to open up his hatch, didn't use any other gadgets for the trophy though used the net after the trophy popped to take specter.

I would like to note that I died once in the fight if that matters as well.

I would highly recommend once you reach the moon base stage to upload your save/copy it to USB as backup so you can try it again later on if it glitched/ so you could repeat it without time trial which is hard because you only have 1 life and once you die you start from the start of the level..

I'm not sure if it's any of importance but I did get all monkeys except one in that run as well OR that I got them all and a new monkey appeared in that level after I finished the game.

Good luck!!

Might try this out soon if i get on the ape escape spree! Thank you and all of you people trying to get this 100%

• 1 month later...