65daysofstatic No Man's Sky Tour: Europe & Asia

Oobedoob S Benubi

Thought I'd share this:

65daysofstatic, the band that made the music for No Man's Sky, is going to do a No Man's Sky Tour in October and November. Most of this will be spent in Europe but they're going to hit Asia as well at the end.

No word yet on Australia or America, though.

Thought Forms will open for them.

For those of you not into the game: as divisive as No Man's Sky has been, nobody complained about the music :)

65NMSTOUR_WEBTF_lisbonTBA_small.jpg

65NMSTOUR_WEB_ASIA_v2.png

Edited by BillyHorrible

I love their old stuff, I haven't listened to this yet but it does make me want to play the game more.

Don't expect a game looking as good as the demos and you'll be fine. See it less as a game and more as a statement of what procedural generation can do, because the game is 50% exploring and 40% mining for resources so you can explore some more. And the music from 65days is actually used in a procedurally generated way as well, meaning they use just the right bit when the game starts, when you enter a fight, when you go into space for the first time or into a space station, et cetera. Really impressive use of an awesome soundtrack, I doubt that I would have played for as long as I did if it had had a lesser soundtrack.

Edited by BillyHorrible

• 2 months later...

So I went to see them yesterday with the missus, and they were awesome. Their music is even cooler in real life, even my wife enjoyed the show (though she stated that she would not mind if we would never go to this kind of music very often). We both did not really like the Thought Forms but as soon as 65daysofstatic started on their first piece, all was forgiven :)

Interesting detail: though they talked about their "new album" / songs "from our latest album", the words "No Man's Sky" were never uttered on stage...

Edited by BillyHorrible