Game Data is corrupted, so I can't play the game anymore...

Maxximum

Hello Guys

I am doing the Deus Vult Operation Mission in Rome, then I saw this:

The Game Data is corrupted. The Game will close. You must delete the Game Data to play.

I pressed "OK" ( :cross:), then the "Please wait.." comes up, then it freezes. I rebooted my system, deleted the Game Data, restarted the game, then the Game Data started installing. I continued playing, then I got the same quote as shown above. From there, I tried activating Safe Mode, I chose "Restore File System". I waited for the bar to reach 100%, then the system restarted. I restarted the game again, the Game Data started installing again, continued playing, then I got the same quote again.

I tried everything possible. Is anyone having the same problem? How did you solve this?

Thanks! 

Edited by ee28max

Hello Guys

I am doing the Deus Vult Operation Mission in Rome, then I saw this:

I pressed "OK" ( :cross:), then the "Please wait.." comes up, then it freezes. I rebooted my system, deleted the Game Data, restarted the game, then the Game Data started installing. I continued playing, then I got the same quote as shown above. From there, I tried activating Safe Mode, I chose "Restore File System". I waited for the bar to reach 100%, then the system restarted. I restarted the game again, the Game Data started installing again, continued playing, then I got the same quote again.

I tried everything possible. Is anyone having the same problem? How did you solve this?

Thanks! 

This game is notoriously buggy. That's all I really know.

Edited by skateak

• 1 month later...

I know this is old, but in case you're still having problems, I'm going to reply anyway.

The problem is most likely with the disc itself, not so much the installation.  Sometimes when the disc is damaged the game will still install, but when it gets to a certain point where it needs data that's still stored on the disc, but in a damaged area, it crashes.  I had this happen with my original copy of Dragon Age: Origins and, unfortunately, the only solution is to get another disc.

This is the kind of stuff I meant with the game being unfinished! :P

Yes, your save is corrupted, nothing you can do about it unless you got a backup save. Maybe one was automatically uploaded to PS+. I doubt it when it comes to PS3.