New update and mash-up pack! October 4th!

kittygirl2010

This may be old news to most people but Minecraft is finally getting a decent update.

First up is the Chinese Mythology Mash-Up Pack. Included are a lot of skins, a new texture very true to ancient Chinese style, and a new Battle Map!

And here is what is coming (all just what was shown from my understanding) to survival!

A new mob: Polar Bears. Docile if alone but if they have a cub, get ready for a fight if you get too close.

Banners: A creative way to set your builds apart from others with different designs to choose from.

A new food item: Beetroot. Only replenishes 2 hunger when made into Beetroot Soup.

Savannah Villages now spawn in savannah biomes!

Will be able to make dirt paths with the shovel. (not sure exactly how this works but will figure it out come Tuesday I guess.)

Igloos may spawn in the ice plain biomes and they may contain a laboratory underneath.

New blocks include, End Brick made from the Endstone in the End, Netherwart Block (not sure what the purpose for this is), Lava blocks (found in the nether and will make traversing a little more difficult. Bone blocks (found from digging up fossils.)

Fossils will spawn in the world but are rare and require a good amount of digging to find them.

A new enchantment: Frost Walker for boots. (allows you to essentially walk on water by freezing it.)

This is all the info I've learned as far as what will be in the update. If anyone knows of anything I missed, let me know. ^.^ I can't wait to hop back in.

• Like 1

Sounds like a great update! Any trophies to come with it? ^_^

idk if they are gonna add trophies. If they do, it will most likely be when the rest of the 1.9 update comes out. I'm hoping they do, since I don't play the minigames and will more than likely never get those trophies. xD

Polar bears? Those must be console exclusive since I don't remember them on pc.

I believe they are on PC, they came in the 1.10 update which surprised me when I found out that console was getting them so soon. We still have to get the rest of 1.9, but rumors are going around saying that we may get the rest around Christmas time. Fingers crossed! ^.^

• Like 2

idk if they are gonna add trophies. If they do, it will most likely be when the rest of the 1.9 update comes out. I'm hoping they do, since I don't play the minigames and will more than likely never get those trophies. xD

I believe they are on PC, they came in the 1.10 update which surprised me when I found out that console was getting them so soon. We still have to get the rest of 1.9, but rumors are going around saying that we may get the rest around Christmas time. Fingers crossed! ^.^

Well you say maybe the update will cole with Christmas , so lets hope on more trophies. Kill The Polar Bear , Ride A Polar Bear With A Saddle (that would be nice a fishing rid with a fish on it to ride)