4.30 Update Sucks.

RamenKen

So... yeah. The recent 4.30 update moved our trophy collection to the PlayStation Network section of the XMB. I liked it where it was, but whatever, it's a superficial change. What isn't superficial however, is the ridiculous amount of time it takes just to view one trophy. Since the update, it's been a hassle just to do something as simple as view my collection. Also, it doesn't remember the prefered viewing order. The actual images themselves take longer to load, and it's taking an annoyingly long time just to get out of the trophy collection and back into the actual game. I know this might sound minor, but it's a very annoying, and worst of all, pointless change. Sony decided to screw the trophy system by setting it back and making user interface a hassle. Nice.

Ladies and gentleman, this lovely customer service is why Microsoft is winning the console war.

Press :triangle: to change viewing modes when you have the trophy collection on the XMB highlighted to switch it to offline mode and to change the viewing order go into your collection and press :triangle: and switch it to your preferred order which it actually remembers once changed, this wasn't hard too figure out since it is basically the same as pre-update in regards to changing the viewing order.

• Like 2

Press :triangle: to change viewing modes when you have the trophy collection on the XMB highlighted to switch it to offline mode and to change the viewing order go into your collection and press :triangle: and switch it to your preferred order which it actually remembers once changed, this wasn't hard too figure out since it is basically the same as pre-update in regards to changing the viewing order.

Thanks! Will it be on Offline mode by default now? Or will I keep having to change it?

I especially hate the Singstar icon, what if I press it? Do I play Singstar and get a game in my trophy list I don't want to play let stand get trophies for it??

Thanks! I have to try that.

I especially hate the Singstar icon, what if I press it? Do I play Singstar and get a game in my trophy list I don't want to play let stand get trophies for it??

Yes trophies will appear on your list and you must have 10 singstar songs to earn trophies, so stay clear. I hate the fact that the singstar logo is just in the way and can't get rid of it, should just be available on the shop and if you want it you can download it.

Yes trophies will appear on your list and you must have 10 singstar songs to earn trophies, so stay clear. I hate the fact that the singstar logo is just in the way and can't get rid of it, should just be available on the shop and if you want it you can download it.

I better hope they remove that soon. If there is one thing I hate is having a game in my list I can't (or don't want to, I hate signing!) get platinum for!

You would just see it happens to be me who is pressing that icon.

Sony, why??

Edited by MrCostari

I'd also like to point out you shouldn't have Singstar as a game on your trophy list unless after clicking the icon you also install it so there is that at least to prevent accidentally adding the game to your list if you don't want it on there.

Ok that sounds good, but just to fresh up my memory, can you accept or decline the update or cancel it when it's downloading?

wow thanks, I actually didn't know that. I was wondering why it said "Online Mode" though.