Halo 4 Review/Discussion Thread

Parker

The first batch of reviews are popping up now and Halo 4 is shaping up to be one of the best in the series. Anyone else going to the midnight launch, or excited for the release? I've basically given my brother my 360, so if you see me on Xbox playing Halo: Reach it is more than likely him (though I sometimes stop by his house and play a few rounds) but I'l be with him in line at midnight for the game and we'll be playing the co-op campaign right away. I'm not super excited for it but it does look like great fun and I'm not paying a cent for it so I can't complain. B)

Possible spoilers ahead, read at your own risk...

IGN review:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/11/01/halo-4-video-review

I'll update as more reviews get posted.

Parker

IGN video review. Anyone who plans on picking this up, feel free to add me on Xbox, my Gamertag is PageyTheSquid and I'll be in line at midnight for this. My brother might be on for the first week or so, but I'd love to meet up with some PSNP'ers and play a few matches.

Parker

Have to say, I'm pretty disappointed in the campaign. It was really fun but I beat it on Heroic in 5 hours. After all the Halo fans bitching about CoD and their short campaigns I guess I was expecting more and none of the reviews mentioned the short campaign. A few achievements glitched on me as well (for completeing missions 4 and 7 I think) but I'll be playing through the campaign again so it isn't a big deal.

Multiplayer is fun but you can tell the developers were inspired by CoD and incorporated some things from that franchise.

Parker

• Like 1

I've been playing the multiplayer more and it is starting to grow on me. I still prefer Halo: Reach over Halo 4 (both campaign and multiplayer) but this is a great start to a new trilogy and 343 have proven they can make a damn fine Halo game.

Parker