Game Breaking Bug

CrimsonFalzar

While doing the Thieves guild quest I hit the quest "The Pursuit"

As where I needed to follow Karliah back to the Thieves guild to prove she was innocent.

While going to the thieves guild however the door to the thieves guild does not open it gives me the Press X 

But nothing seems to happen as I press X

Update: I figured out a fix and will leave It here just in case anyone else gets stuck on it.

You need to turn around go back to the Ratway Vault door Open and go through it.

Turn around go back through and try the door again and it should open now. 

Very weird bug...

Edited by ChastityFail

Sorry follow Karliah back to thieves guild 

Quest is The Pursuit. 

And you're probably trying to enter via the Hall of the Dead entrance. You have to enter the Cistern through the Ratway like a commoner for this quest. The usual entrance will be barred to you during that particular time. Not a bug, the game is operating as designed for this particular instance.

And you're probably trying to enter via the Hall of the Dead entrance. You have to enter the Cistern through the Ratway like a commoner for this quest. The usual entrance will be barred to you during that particular time. Not a bug, the game is operating as designed for this particular instance.

Nah read the original post this is mostly my bad as I explained it poorly again sorry.

It's not a bug, the game wants you to take the route through the Ratway for this particular instance. Even the hardcover strategy guide for Skyrim explains this.

*Facepalm* no I went through the ratway but in the Ragged Flagon The door wouldn't open to the thieves guild. 

The fix is you need to open the Ratway vault door which is right next to the door to the thieves guild. 

Edited by ChastityFail

*Facepalm* no I went through the ratway but in the Ragged Flagon The door wouldn't open to the thieves guild. 

The fix is you need to open the Ratway vault door which is right next to the door to the thieve guild. 

No, put the rude "*Facepalm*" away. That's not how people talk to each other. I get it now, you mean the entrance to the Cistern, via the Ragged Flagon. That's "the Thieves Guild". Your issue with explaining things is more endemic than you think.

Edited by damon8r351

No, put the rude "*Facepalm*" away. That's not how people talk to each other. I get it now, you mean the entrance to the Cistern, via the Ragged Flagon. That's "the Thieves Guild". Your issue with explaining things is more endemic than you think.

Facepalms aren't rude but ok. Already expressed and said sorry.

I found two so far.

The first is in Shroud Hearth Barrow. There's a door and four levers nearby right after entering the dungeon. You can see another door after the first one. The first one is closed, the second one open. To open both, it is needed to activate two levers (not random, I think the two inner levers need to be activated). The other two levers are traps. If you activate one of the inner levers, the first door opens and the second closes. It is possible to run through the second door before it's closed. If you do that, you have to reload your save, it's a point of no return, the door can't be opened from inside.

The second one is related to followers. When I talk to Lydia, she claims that I already have a follower. That's not the case. I had several temporary followers (Erandur, Barbas, Maurice Jondrelle), but no one is with me right now. Any idea how to fix this? I guess I could check my journal for all quests to figure out if I had another follower and then proceed to kill all followers I ever had. But do let me know if you have another idea, I don't want to kill them.

I can't complete all Daedric quests if I can't bring another follower for Boethia's quest.