BLOPS: Declassified Comes With A Re-release of Roads To Victory!

Call-of-Duty-Roads-to-Victory.jpg

Hello everybody! I personally never played COD: Roads to Victory back on the PSP. As a die-hard COD fan it really is a shame. I know the game had its issues according to some, but nevertheless, I have played every other game in the series, and now I will get my chance to play this one as well, and I am truly excited. As most may know, COD: Roads to Victory is not currently availiable on the PS Store. I always wished it was. What many people probably do not know is that BLOPS: Declassified will include a free download of the game. I cannot believe I never heard about this. The following content is GameRant's and can be found at http://gamerant.com/...oad-to-victory/

"‘Black Ops: Declassified’ Includes ‘Call of Duty: Roads to Victory’

Oct 15, 2012 by Anthony Mole

Black-Ops-Declassified-Includes-Roads-To-Victory.jpg

Black Ops: Declassified hasn’t exactly won over gamers, having been met with a lukewarm reception ever since its initial unveiling. However, Sony and Activision have come up with an extra incentive to lure in skeptics: bundling the game with the PSP title Call of Duty: Roads to Victory.

Originally released for the PSP in 2007, Roads to Victory currently sits at a 64 on Metacritic and will see its first re-release later this year when it is bundled with Black Ops: Declassified. Rather than be included on the Declassified game card, Roads to Victory will be available as a separate download. The game will be available with all copies of Declassified, not just as an exclusive for early adopters.

This won’t be the first time Sony has worked to include an extra game alongside an upcoming releases. In 2010, Sony partnered with EA to include an HD version of Medal of Honor: Frontline with Medal of Honor on PS3. A few months later, PS3 copies of Dead Space 2 came with a Move enabled HD version of the Wii title Dead Space: Extraction.

From the sounds of it, the version of Roads to Victory included with Declassified will likely be a straight port of the 2007 title. With all of the negativity surrounding Declassified, it probably would have been a good idea to update Roads to Victory in the same vein as Dead Space: Extraction and Medal of Honor: Frontline.

Thankfully, the Vita offers custom controls for PSP titles, allowing specific buttons to be remapped to the right analog stick or touchscreen. This will hopefully improve the experience, especially considering Roads to Victory was built with one analog stick in mind.

Roads to Victory was originally developed by Amaze Entertainment in 2007. The game featured multiplayer for up to 6 players, though there is no word if multiplayer will be available for the game’s re-release. However, with most gamers likely interested in Declassified‘s multiplayer, having Roads to Victory be single player only probably won’t be much of a issue.

Black Ops: Declassified launches alongside Blacks Ops 2 on November 13, 2012, for the PlayStation Vita."

Edited by Vote Mitt Romney
  • Like 1

Pretty cool. Wonder if Roads to Victory will have trophies??

Also, Infinity Ward, Treyarch, whatever needs to make another WWII shooter! I miss the good ol' days...

I doubt it will get trophies, but that would be sweet for sure!!! :D I cannot believe that I am not the only one that misses WWII shooters!! :) Modern and future settings are great, but why not also do some more WWII games, or even COD games based entirely in the Vietnam war, WWI, the Korean War, the Civil War, the Revolutionary War.....all I am saying is that there are so many more possibilities out there for shooters to go. No COD has yet covered the Pacific Theater of WWII adequately in my opinion. W@W was great, but it only went to so many battles.

I doubt it will get trophies, but that would be sweet for sure!!! :D I cannot believe that I am not the only one that misses WWII shooters!! :) Modern and future settings are great, but why not also do some more WWII games, or even COD games based entirely in the Vietnam war, WWI, the Korean War, the Civil War, the Revolutionary War.....all I am saying is that there are so many more possibilities out there for shooters to go. No COD has yet covered the Pacific Theater of WWII adequately in my opinion. W@W was great, but it only went to so many battles.

Thank you! Finally, someone who knows that there are other routes to go in a shooter other than modern war. Vietnam would be great! Although Black Ops did it, I wanted more of an emotional punch rather than a big action film. Maybe it's me, but I'd rather be immersed in a title than seeing some guy's arm blown off.

thats strange theyre doing something like that for the vita version and not for the ps3 version.

I guess they're trying to get more people to buy the Vita, and since CoD is the biggest game this generation it will be more likely to get peoples attention if they can play CoD on the go.

Parker

I guess they're trying to get more people to buy the Vita, and since CoD is the biggest game this generation it will be more likely to get peoples attention if they can play CoD on the go.

Parker

you are right, as much as I hate cod it really is one of the best selling games. if people get a vita, they can play call of duty while playing call of duty... call of ception

if they re-map the controls of Road to Victory and add trophies (which I doubt) I might actually think about picking this up earlier than expected. On the psp the :square::circle::cross::triangle: buttons took the place of the right stick for looking around, and the aiming was all over the place, you didn't even have to point directly at someone, just spray bullets and they magically died.

if they re-map the controls of Road to Victory and add trophies (which I doubt) I might actually think about picking this up earlier than expected. On the psp the :square::circle::cross::triangle: buttons took the place of the right stick for looking around, and the aiming was all over the place, you didn't even have to point directly at someone, just spray bullets and they magically died.

I can confidently say there are no trophies, but, from what I understand, you can remap the controls. I shall have to get back to you after I pick up the game later this week! :)