dertswa687o's Completionist Corner

dertswa687o

I have no fancy header but I regret nothing.

Hi everyone! I'm dertswa687o and I'm here to make a super exciting checklist because it seems like fun. Last console generation I was an achievement hunter on Xbox 360, and I got some really tough completions, like Akai KatanaGuitar Hero: Smash HitsStar Ocean 4, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I switched consoles this generation and after a break from hunting during college, I'm back for more. I like to play just about anything that looks fun, which usually ends up being JRPGs or action games. It just depends what mood I'm in. But, no matter what, I will complete every game I play.

Platinums 1-10

Spoiler

#1 - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
1S6a25ec.png

Completed: February 9, 2014
Difficulty: 2/10
Game Rating: 8/10
Hardest Trophy: Navigate Like Drake
I had played Sly 2 and Sly 3 on PS2 so I was pretty excited to pick this game up. It was a good time just like the predecessors. Sometimes the number of characters was a bit annoying but it wasn't a huge problem. The platinum is incredibly easy. I wasn't really back into trophy hunting at this point and decided to go for it since it wasn't anything I didn't want to do anyway.

#2 - Tales of Symphonia
1Sb1c0c6.png
Completed: August 19, 2015
Difficulty: 4/10
Game Rating: 10/10
Hardest Trophy: Ball and Stick Master
I got into the Tales series with Tales of Vesperia on the 360. I wanted to play all the games after that so I borrowed Symphonia from a friend for the Gamecube. Then later when Symphonia Chronicles came out I knew I had to platinum it. I had a really good idea of what I needed to do going in so I was able to do the game rather quickly. I just barely missed out on having the 100 hours trophy be my last. It took me about 101 when I finally finished my 4th playthough.

#3 - Tales of Xillia
1S9bf779.png

Completed: May 23, 2016
Difficulty: 3/10
Hardest Trophy: Sub-event Superhero
You will notice a running trend of Tales games here. This also marks when I decided to go back and plat a bunch of games that were sitting incomplete on my profile. So upcoming are a lot of really long plats within only a few days apart. Xillia is a pretty good Tales game. The combat is pretty fun and flashy. The story is standard Tales fare but the characters and skits make it enjoyable.

#4 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered
1S489bd6.png

Completed: May 26, 2016
Game Rating: 9/10
Hardest Trophy: Steel Fist Expert
I got the Uncharted Collection with my PS4... so naturally I started with the first one. It was a ton of fun. The thing I really like about this game even compared to the sequels is that it all feels continuous. From Chapter 4 onward everything just flows so well that I couldn't stop playing. I did Brutal difficulty as well, but it was really easy in this game since you can use the tweak glitch.

#5 - Tales of Graces f
1S0ae181.png

Completed: June 4, 2016
Difficulty: 5/10
Hardest Trophy: A Gentlemanly Triumph
Graces f is really really fun to play. I am absolutely horrible at the combat but that didn't matter since it was so fun. I also think this game has the best skits in the series. The platinum is a bit of a grind since you have to fulfill a lot of inn requests and it can take a while. Maxing out the Eleth Mixer probably took 4-5 hours alone.

#6 - Ratchet & Clank
1Sb0280e.png

Completed: June 8, 2016
Game Rating: 6/10
Hardest Trophy: Bolt Collector
I played through this game originally and I thought it was ok. Then I played through it again with the RYNO going for the plat and I had a lot more fun. There was a lot of room for improvement here and I think they took that to heart in the sequels. The plat is super easy. The only "tough" part is the 1 million bolts but that's what rubber bands are for.

#7 - Tales of Hearts R
1S9891d8.png

Completed: June 13, 2016
Hardest Trophy: Unknown Clearance
I bought a Vita TV just for this game. I still have no other Vita games. Oh well. Hearts R is my 2nd favorite Tales game. I love the combat. It has a lot of what makes older Tales games great, like a world map, lots of costumes, and the classic TP based battle system. The plat is pretty easy but it can get a bit grindy getting to level 200 with only a 5x boost. And then even at level 200 the final boss is a bit tough on Unknown.

#8 - inFamous
1S8cfc8e.png

Completed: June 17, 2016
Game Rating: 5/10
Hardest Trophy: Rockhound
This game just felt so repetitive to me. It might've been the side missions that hurt it so much. The morality system was pretty lame and didn't really add anything. The plat is easy. The only tough thing is collecting all the blast shards, which I almost was stuck missing 1 but I managed to find it within 10 minutes.

#9 - Peggle 2
1S61c2c7.png

Completed: June 20, 2016
Game Rating: 7/10
Hardest Trophy: All the Cheevos!
I loved Peggle 1 when I completed it on 360. Peggle 2 felt like a bit of a disappointment in comparison. I mean, it's largely the same game, but I wish there were more than 5 masters in the base game. The DLC makes the plat really easy since it increases the number of available objectives to 240.

#10 - Darksiders
1Sceba85.png

Completed: June 23, 2016
Hardest Trophy: Battle Hardened
As a fan of Zelda, Darksiders really felt similar and that's what I liked about it. The only thing I didn't like was the dodging mechanics. The plat is pretty easy. Maxing out all the weapons takes a while since it seems like you don't get very much experience per kill.

Platinums 11-20

Spoiler

#11 - Tales of Xillia 2
1Sfc8860.png

Completed: June 28, 2016
Hardest Trophy: Battle God
In the end, I don't think I was a huge fan of having a silent protagonist nor the choice system. Xillia 2 has a lot of the same problems as Xillia 1, namely the boring dungeons. The combat is still fun and they added a lot of good things to the battle system to make it more convenient. The trophies are stupid though. Grinding out 450 uses of each ability is nuts. I put my rubber band to good use.

#12 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
1S5a6387.png

Completed: July 2, 2016
Hardest Trophy: Battle Genius
I'm a big fan of the anime series so I picked this game up for fun. As a game it was pretty lame but it was fun to see all the different character interactions that wouldn't normally happen. The plat is easy but can be grindy doing all the S ranks. Even doing the online is a challenge since it's so laggy.

#13 - Furi
1Scd8639.png

Completed: July 9, 2016
Difficulty: 8/10
Hardest Trophy: That Was Intense
At first I really hated this game since I was terrible at it. At some point it just clicked and I got really good. The plat is pretty difficult. Furier is pretty tough, and if you couldn't save scum with cloud saves I'm not sure I could've pulled it off.

#14 - Tales of Zestiria
1S9a3ce4.png

Completed: July 14, 2016
Hardest Trophy: Sweet 16
Zestiria is... ok. The story is pretty terrible. The combat is pretty average by Tales standards. At least the characters and skits are fun. The plat was fairly straightforward... except the trophy for getting a Stack 16. That took me 3 hours of learning how the skill system really worked to get. Oh, and I think it took me 15 hours of running in circles to get the last snack made.

#15 - Ratchet & Clank 2
1Se52f7e.png

Completed: July 23, 2016
Difficulty: 1/10
Hardest Trophy: Super Skilled
I thought R&C2 was a huge improvement on the original. The weapons are more fun and it's rewarding upgrading them as you use them more. I do think the final boss was a let down though. The plat is incredibly easy. Even the "Impossible Challenge" is really easy.

#16 - Ratchet & Clank 3
1Sd0e070.png

Completed: August 3, 2016
Hardest Trophy: Skill Master
R&C3 is a further improvement on the series. The weapons are fun and you get to upgrade them even more! This might be the easiest plat in the series. They're all pretty easy though.

#17 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered
1S6e0751.png
Completed: August 13, 2016
Difficulty: 7/10 (Brutal included)
Hardest Trophy: Charted! - Brutal
Uncharted 2 is set piece after set piece of craziness and fun. The only thing that annoyed me during the game was waiting on the AI partners all the time for jumps and stuff. The plat is easy. It's Brutal mode without tweaks that increases the difficulty. It's incredibly frustrating dying in 2 hits. The section when you're hanging on a sign probably took me an hour alone. I did use some glitches to skip a few chapters which was very helpful.

#18 - Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
1S1c48ea.png
Completed: September 8, 2016
Hardest Trophy: Compendium Completionist
Star Ocean 5 is a disappointment compared to Star Ocean 4. I haven't played any other games in the series (but I do own SO3) and I know SO4 is normally called pretty bad even though I liked it. Everything about SO5 is average, from the story to the characters to the dungeons. The plat is easy but grindy. It's 1,000 times easier than SO4 for sure. I laughed at the battle trophies when I first saw the list.

#19 - inFamous 2
1S4a0133.png

Completed: September 10, 2016
Game Rating: 3/10
Hardest Trophy: Pain Builds Character
Why did I play this game when I didn't like the first very much? Because I bought it and had a small hope they improved it. Unfortunately, I found the game worse. My ultimate problem is that the combat isn't very fun. It doesn't help that the plot was lame and so were the characters. The plat is easy. You don't even have to collect the blast shards this time.

#20 - South Park: The Stick of Truth
1S767353.png

Completed: September 18, 2016
Hardest Trophy: More Popular Than John Lennon
South Park is one of my favorite shows so I'm glad I finally decided to pick up the game. I gotta say the best part is all the characters and references. The combat wasn't too shabby either. The plat is easy but there are a ton of missable trophies so you really have to follow a guide.

Platinums 21-30

Spoiler

#21 - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
1Sd2dff5.png
Completed: October 9, 2016
Hardest Trophy: The Ark of Agito
I liked this a lot at the beginning. Then as I got further on I found that the whole mission setup and huge number of playable characters wasn't to my liking. Thankfully you can get almost all of the trophies just by playing the game normally. There's a few you have to look out for but they're not too hard.

#22 - Rocket League
1S0baa81.png
Completed: October 29, 2016
Hardest Trophy: Certifiable
I think the reason why I didn't care much for Rocket League was that all of my friends with the game play on different consoles. So I ended up playing this heavily multiplayer group-based game alone. I got the plat and 100% and decided I had my fun and moved on.

#23 - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered
1S18f57c.png

Completed: November 19, 2016
Difficulty: 7/10 (Brutal included)
Hardest Trophy: Charted! - Brutal
Uncharted 3 continues the series tradition of being awesome. The only thing I question is how Nate's hands haven't broken off from grabbing things while falling at high speeds. Brutal difficulty was just as difficult as Uncharted 2 considering I had no tweaks.

#24 - Trackmania Turbo

1S40c07e.png

Completed: January 3, 2017

Difficulty: 9/10

Hardest Trophy: End of the Road?

This game is really really hard. Well, for the first 100 or so tracks it's not so bad. Then you hit the red tracks and it gets a bit tougher. *Then* you hit the black tracks and it gets insane. Just about every black track took me at least an hour to get gold... and there are 40 of them.

The toughest tracks in the game in my opinion are:

• 66 - I don't know why but I really struggled with this one. It's probably the first real challenge in the game. The sand is a horrible surface.
  • 97 - It's so easy to lose a ton of speed on this track. I had a lot of trouble lining up the jump at the end to the finish line.
  • 145 - Video is me. This took me 4 hours of grinding. It requires a lot of consistency over 3 minutes and it's easy to screw up.
  • 175 - All the boost jumps are incredibly precise. You need to be perfectly straight. That's 9 perfect jumps over 4 minutes... and the rest of the track is easy to choke too.
  • 178 - All of the sideways air jumps suck. They feel so random. I had to hope for a good run.
  • 180 - Video is me. By far the hardest track in the game. It took me 13 hours to get gold on this one. The first right turn is super tough and if you lose too much speed, you can't clear the hill to make the next jump. That next jump is surprisingly difficult as you land differently every time so it's hard to line up. The sideways boost jump is tough to get the right trajectory on. And then the jump over the water is incredibly precise; there are rocks in the center island that you will hit if you're not perfectly straight. Screw up any of those and it's a reset. Even if you do hit all the jumps, it's pretty easy to screw up the rest of the track. Especially the sharp right turn with 2 boosts right at the end. This track was evil.
  • 187 - I don't know why I had so much trouble with this one. The wooden surface is just tough I guess.
  • 190 - This one is pretty tough until you hit the rollercoaster part. It's easy to lose control on the sand and the part when you get a really fast boost.
  • 200 - The only hard part of this track for me was the very last boost section into the finish line. I had so many attempts where I'd screw up there.

So yeah, the game is tough. Here's a pic with the 50 Trackmasters I did. Those felt like a piece of cake compared to the black series.

#25 - Axiom Verge

1Sac2c5d.png

Completed: February 19, 2017

Hardest Trophy: Mostly Invincible

I was in the mood to play a Metroidvania so I decided to go with this game that I got a little while back. Overall it's a pretty good game, but the movement is a bit slow and a majority of the weapons feel useless. The trophies aren't too bad, especially since you can quit the game whenever you die so it doesn't save. Speedrun and Low% are really generous.

#26 - LittleBigPlanet 3

1S45958b.png

Completed: March 4, 2017

Hardest Trophy: Ace Adventurer

Got this game with PS+ so I decided to plat it with a friend. There are so many problems with the trophies being glitchy and online being horribly laggy and tough to connect. Thankfully the game is pretty short but it's still not a pleasant experience. Hardest thing besides finding 4 people to do stuff is Acing the last 2 Adventure levels. But they just take some practice and memorization to get down.

#27 Guitar Hero Live

1S4e806f.png

Completed: April 2, 2017

Hardest Trophy: Strumillionaire

I'm a big fan of GH/RB and I still play RB3 a lot on my Xbox. I couldn't get used to this game though. I had a lot of trouble with calibration and frankly the guitar wasn't as fun with the new layout. Strumillionaire was a stupid grind and I watched 90 episodes of DBZ Kai while strumming madly.

#28 - Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

1Sa106e4.png

Completed: April 8, 2017

Hardest Trophy: Escapest

I played the trilogy on DS/3DS originally so I really just got this for the 999 upgrade. 999 is my favorite game of all time and it was fun playing through it again. I still think the DS version is superior for reasons but it's cool to have voice acting too. I just skipped VLR because I've played it already and there wasn't anything new.

#29 - Tales of Berseria

1S6b7b1f.png

Completed: April 15, 2017

Hardest Trophy: A Solid B

Berseria was a solid entry to the Tales series. The combat was fun and the characters were pretty good. I sometimes felt that the game got bogged down in endless cutscenes though. I wanted to get back to the gameplay. Trophies weren't hard. I managed to do it in one playthrough by buying 2x experience for $1.50 (when that was all I had left). I'm not a fan of microtransactions or anything but that really did save me a lot of time. The plat becomes a big grind right at the very end but it's not too horrible.

#30 - Ratchet & Clank

1S4aaccb.png

Completed: April 18, 2017

Hardest Trophy: Death By Disco

I enjoyed this reboot, even if it was a bit short. The weapons were pretty fun; I especially liked the Groovitron and Pixelizer. I hope this game sold well enough that they'll start making more. Trophies were really easy, although the Groovitron trophy forces you to play the game a bit weird.

Platinums 31-40

Spoiler

#31 - Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

1S0a4e5d.png

Completed: May 6, 2017

Hardest Trophy: By the Way...

And with this platinum I have every localized Tales platinum! Well until they release another one. I'd never played DotNW before and I don't think it was as bad as everyone says. It a bit jarring that the original characters have different voices and the plot isn't great, but the battle system isn't half bad and the monster collecting is decent too. The trophies were annoying since I had to keep an Excel list of skits I'd seen and monsters I'd collected. Still, it only took me 55 hours to get everything but the 100 hours trophy which is definitely the shortest Tales game. The bonus dungeon, Gladsheim, really sucked too.

#32 - Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

1Se4e417.png

Completed: May 9, 2017

Hardest Trophy: Squid Savior

I really enjoyed this one. The dungeons are fantastic and really capture that Metroidvania spirit. The characters are fun. It's fun ok. Go play it. The trophies are pretty easy although it can be difficulty playing the whole game with only 2 hearts.

#33 - Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

1Sc464d7.png

Completed: May 13, 2017

Hardest Trophy: Quick Collector

This was actually the first Shantae game I got since I saw it came with a soundtrack and I'm a huge sucker for collectables. Sadly, they changed the formula a lot and got rid of the Metroidvania dungeons that I loved so much in the previous two. You have to do some backtracking with new powerups but it's not the same :(. Trophies are really easy and the speedrun requirement is even down to 3 hours instead of 2.

#34 - Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time

1S98abf4.png

Completed: June 16, 2017

Difficulty: 6/10

Hardest Trophy: Toughest Challenge

Oh boy I was so hyped when I found out this was coming west. I did SO4 and SO5 so I just had to do SO3. The battle trophies in SO3 are soooooo much more interesting. Lots of stuff to do with bosses and actual challenging things rather than grinding out stuff endlessly. I mean, you only had to get 80% for this one so I could skip a lot of the grinding but still. I already knew about the plot twist going in so I wasn't bothered by it in the slightest. There will be no roadblocks on the road to battle trophies. I ended up getting 247 so that puts me at 1,247 battle trophies across all 3 games. SO6 when.

#35 - Darksiders II

1S9bae13.png

Completed: June 26, 2017

Hardest Trophy: The Secondary Adventure

They changed the formula from the first and suddenly it became focused on gear with stats which wasn't as fun. Every chest just gives you more gear and it feels unrewarding. And then the game itself is a gauntlet of dungeons. They all feel very similar and it becomes exhausting. Trophies are easy but there are an absurd amount of collectables.

#36 - Life is Strange
1S4fe585.png

Completed: July 10, 2017

Hardest Trophy: None

Life is Strange was the first Telltale-esque game I'd ever played and I had a good time with it. Not sure how the rest of the genre stacks up but it did feel like your choices mattered in this one. Trophies were all trivial which was nice.

#37 - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

1S3fe5b4.png

Completed: July 21, 2017

Difficulty: 7/10 (Survival included)

Hardest Trophy: ...It

Uncharted 4 was a very good entry in the series and a great way to close out the main series. The story was very standard fare for Uncharted games but that doesn't mean it's bad. In terms of gameplay, I wasn't a big fan of the new stealth areas. The series wasn't built for them in my opinion and it's more fun going in guns blazing. Of course that doesn't work very well on Crushing. The ship graveyard near the end of the game was extremely tough for me on Crushing, but it was a satisfying encounter to finally win. I also completed survival with friends. We got pretty good at the mode by the end, but I'd be lying if I didn't say we took advantage of some glitches for Stage 10.

#38 - MLB The Show 17

1S3e0103.png

Completed: July 23, 2017

Hardest Trophy: Just stopping by for now

I bought this game because I like baseball and figured it was worth trying out. Turns out it wasn't that fun for me. I didn't understand the hitting mechanics very well so it was a huge struggle for me to win 4 games online. Trophies are easy overall but a bit grindy.

#39 - Gravity Rush Remastered

1S07d851.png

Completed: July 26, 2017

Hardest Trophy: All That Glitters

Super fun game with great movement mechanics. I enjoy games with unique movement options and Gravity Rush delivers on that. The combat is a bit wonky in comparison. I definitely had the most fun on the movement challenges, especially the sliding ones. Story is a bit confusing but hey at least Kat is cute. Trophies are very easy and getting gold medals on each challenge isn't too hard.

#40 - Downwell

1Se25ccb.png

Completed: August 10, 2017

Difficulty: 8/10

Hardest Trophy: Well Master

This game was tough, but it was fun. It was so addicting. I'd get through the 2nd area and die, then immediately restart since I was convinced the next run would be better. And eventually I was actually improving and learning and the game became easy. But that was just normal mode. Hard mode was where the true challenge was, and boy was that satisfying when I actually beat it. 

Platinums 41-50

Spoiler

#41 - Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book

1S9c5af7.png

Completed: August 20, 2017

Hardest Trophy: The Cruel Violator

This series had a bunch of games so I figured it was worth trying out. Overall the game is very cheesy with the focus on friendship, but the gameplay mechanics are pretty good and it's fun improving and making better items. Sophie is a pretty good character too. Trophies are pretty easy with the only tough one being for beating the final bonus boss.

#42 - Titan Souls

1Sbdef1b.png

Completed: September 30, 2017

Hardest Trophy: Hard Bizkit

A very interesting game concept in which you can kill each enemy in one hit by hitting their weak point, but you also die in one hit. This leads to fights where you try to figure out how to win as quickly as possible to minimize the chances of you getting hit. Some of the bosses are really tough without proper setups, such as the Knight boss. The game is very quick to play through which is nice as I feel it would overstay its welcome if it were too long. The trophies would be really really tough if you couldn't backup your save to the cloud, which I shamelessly did.

#43 - Persona 5

1Sf8e61c.png

Completed: October 29, 2017

Hardest Trophy: Great Phantom Thieves Convene

What an amazing game. Everything about it blew me away, from the amazing integration of the school life and dungeon crawling, the sense of style in everything from the battle menu to the regular menu to the designs of the palaces themselves, and the story with its amazing plot twist near the end. The battle system was fast, easy to learn, and satisfying. But the game was also punishing as you had to be sure to protect Joker at all costs. The game took me 83 hours to beat and it was all great. The trophies are easy but take a while, and can force a whole second playthrough if you can't max all the confidants in the first. Thankfully I was able to do so and got the platinum in 99 hours. Despite all the praise I had, the game isn't really built for a second playthough as you'd spend most of the time skipping cutscenes.

#44 - Senran Kagura Estival Versus

1S1e2bd3.png

Completed: November 26, 2017

Game Rating: 4/10

Hardest Trophy: Your OCD is Showing

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................. Boobs.

#45 - Star Ocean: The Last Hope Remaster

1Sc96d38.png

Completed: March 3, 2018

Hardest Trophy: Ultimate Battler

My second completion of Star Ocean 4 was a fast one, in only 250 hours. Lots of great timesaves like doing Bacchus's drops in a different location, skipping cutscenes on the first playthough, and generally knowing what to do. The remaster was very pretty but I did experience some slowdown in sometimes, mostly in Roak. As insane as the battle trophies are, I do enjoy hunting them and I would probably plat this again.

Working On and Backlog

Spoiler

Backlog:
Final Fantasy X-2

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

I'll keep this updated and thanks for reading if you read any of it!

Edited by dertswa687o
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, TristanBrown17 said:

I really like your setup for this man! I think I may take some ideas if that's alright with you when I edit my trophy checklist. 

Go for it!

19 minutes ago, IRATEEE- said:

Good job with the trophies and the list ;-) Will follow this one ;-)

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Triicky913 said:

As a former achievement hunter as well on the 360 I will be following this trophy checklist. Also good stuff in completing Akai Katana on 360, that sure is difficult lol. Good luck my friend!

Thanks! It took a lot of practice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...