99 bombs & ropes glitch

VirtualNight

I've played on this game for fun again & I found this funny glitch (in the sense that it is known from severals already; I accidentaly activated it & now I want to share it with all of you).

While playing with 3 players, let the second player get the third one (or viceversa), now put some horizontal distance between the first player & the others 2, the exact distance is when you will see the face of the character on the screen reporting that he/she is too far from you so he/she is going to die. But this character must be the carried one, so it musn't appear the face of the carrying player, The idea is that the carried player will die & the carrying one won't, by this way the died character will keep dropping his/her bag with 1 bomb & rope.

He/she won't stop doing it until you drop him/her, here is a vid that shows you what will happen during the glitch:

Now, by using this you can complete the Hell run without stealing from shoopkepers. In the first level, where you are going to do the glitch, as long as you wil carry the 2 players during the glitch you will have unlimited items, so start destroying several blocks, so that you can get between 20,000 and 30,000 money just from this level.

CRASH WARNING!!: by doing this, all these bags dropping without stop can cause the game to freeze, personally I just had the game going slowly, but if your console is weak, is better that you drop the glitched character after some bags (the crash is only a theory, since all these items are heavy for the game).

With 99 bombs you can destroy the blocks in others levels too, but only when you can see the gems inside the blocks which will be your targets.

You should have more than enough money to buy the Kahn, Jetpack, Glue, Shotgun, & something else if you wish (I had around 100,000 before facing Yama), just be careful to don't waste too much time in the levels if you don't want to face the ghost.

The glitch can work only if the character that will die has at least 1 bomb/rope, so if you want to redo it you must sacrifice the player that has the items.

But doing this glitch only in the first level should be more than enough, remember to get the Kapala too for the Hell run.

Edited by VirtualNight
Messed up with the spoiler -_-
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, T1M1D_HER0 said:

Using this glitch I should easily be able to get the rest of the trophies. The problem though is needing 3 players.

Needing 3 controllers* there is no online, no way to boost (unless you go through the long process of setting a remote LAN party). Pretty easy to repeat the given steps imo, but impossible using the vita for obvious reasons.

12 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Needing 3 controllers* there is no online, no way to boost (unless you go through the long process of setting a remote LAN party). Pretty easy to repeat the given steps imo, but impossible using the vita for obvious reasons.

That does make things a little easier, but buying a 3rd controller for a few trophies isn't really worth it.

I love this game, I have played it thousands of times, in fact I play it every day on my Vita as a break from trophy hunting since I already 100% it. I either aim to beat the game in under 8 minutes or beating Yama. Moreover, I had erased and redownloaded it a couple of times and redo everything as I would if I were after trophies, and I can say, once you master this game, it is not hard at all, as you can beat Yama (along with 500k money) and the game in under 8 minutes in less than an hour, you just need to know if the run worths it, in other words getting a jetpack in the mines, specially for the speedrun trophy.

Trust me, when I played this game for the first time I found it very tough, I even thought I'll never beat it; so I watched a lot of youtube videos, specially the ones from youtube user "Bananasaurus Rex", and practiced a lot and I improved more than a lot. My older PS3 broke during those days and I played the PC version of the game to practice. Then I got a Vita and I was able to 100% it playing on the handheld. I remember that I was falling asleep, but when I got to Hell for the third time, I snapped out of it and managed to made it to Yama's throne, and ultimately, defeated Yama getting the 100% in the process.

This game is a blast. My advice, just keep playing it until you master it, one controller is more than enough.

PD: The only time consuming trophy imo, is the one that requires to find all characters since you will be playing for hours before the hidden characters from the ice caves and the temple are spawned by the game, and since you most likely will be using shorcuts, you may not have enough bombs/ropes to make your way to their coffin, and some other times they spawn in areas that require a jetpack or sticking gloves in order to reach them. 

Edited by Deceptrox