PS4 getting new Hitman

Lady Lilith

http://www.examiner.com/article/playstation-4-to-receive-refreshed-hitman-installment-orbis-to-get-new-agent-47

5643f2fd20921cfed0c03b1df95efbd3.jpg

"Hitman: Absolution" was just released to retailers across the world and it was met with critical acclaim, but apparently Square Enix is not resting on what was just done, as they are looking ahead to what 47 will do next on advance consoles.

According to a report from OPM yesterday, "Hitman: Absolution’s" director Tore Blystad talked about the trend of long-running franchises being changed and how "Hitman" will follow that pattern.

"We’ve been talking about these similarities to some of the big movie franchise like Aliens, where everyone’s doing it their own way.

"Every time someone gets their hands on a franchise they do something different. So rather than doing the same thing again you get another take on the character from a fresh perspective.

"There’s a lot of these problems you encounter with these sort of productions, some of them are really fundamental problems, or they have a big effect on the game – like how you do a mechanic for instance.

"If you change a mechanic too much then the whole gameplay will be modified. Well there are talks between us and of course it has to be somewhat in sync but it’s the first time you could say Hitman has gone out of the house.

"Luckily it’s with someone we know. Some of the key developers came from IO and have been working on previous games so it’s not like it’s in completely new hands," Blystad said.

He went on to talk about how various annual franchise studios tend to operate with their development.

"It’s like with Treyarch and Infinity Ward.

"You have an IP that has been developed. They will feed off each other, as well as some things that stand out. I think with these big franchises it takes a long time to develop just one game. If you can, work a little bit in parallel at least and help each other out," Blystad said.

I wouldn't be surprised, with the amount the PS4 and 720 have been coming up in tons of news stories lately. I would imagine they wouldn't want the Wii U to have a 2-3 year head start, as 2014-2015 was my original guess for new consoles.

I'm pretty sure the ps3 and xbox got a 6 year head start on the wiiu....

Edited by Kirbz
  • Like 3

I am sorry, but I see nowhere on this article where it confirms a Hitman sequel will be on the PS4 or next-gen consoles for that matter.

"Hitman: Absolution" was just released to retailers across the world and it was met with critical acclaim, but apparently Square Enix is not resting on what was just done, as they are looking ahead to what 47 will do next on advance consoles.

I'm assuming the part I bolded is where the speculation comes in. Advance consoles means "next-generation" consoles, because the PS3 and 360 certainly wouldn't be considered advanced at this point in their life.

Parker

I'm assuming the part I bolded is where the speculation comes in. Advance consoles means "next-generation" consoles, because the PS3 and 360 certainly wouldn't be considered advanced at this point in their life.

Parker

Yeah, I guess so....it is as you say simply speculation. I truly am quite content with this generation and would be fine with it for another five years. I figure the next-gen will be coming late 2014 or early 2015 at the latest. It is just way too soon either way. :(

Yeah, I guess so....it is as you say simply speculation. I truly am quite content with this generation and would be fine with it for another five years. I figure the next-gen will be coming late 2014 or early 2015 at the latest. It is just way too soon either way. :(

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Sony or Microsoft push out a system at the end of 2013. According to some sources, developers are getting the second version of "Orbis" (PlayStation 4) or are supposed to get them very early next year so the next generation consoles may not be too terribly far away.

I'd like to see new consoles because I feel like the gap between console and PC has become very far but I wouldn't be gutted to see them come out in '14 because I still have a massive backlog. I'm still thinking '13 will see a next gen console being released.

Parker

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Sony or Microsoft push out a system at the end of 2013. According to some sources, developers are getting the second version of "Orbis" (PlayStation 4) or are supposed to get them very early next year so the next generation consoles may not be too terribly far away.

I'd like to see new consoles because I feel like the gap between console and PC has become very far but I wouldn't be gutted to see them come out in '14 because I still have a massive backlog. I'm still thinking '13 will see a next gen console being released.

Parker

I hope it is not 2013, but let's face it. Consoles are typically officially announced a year before they are released. I would kind of expect Sony or Microsoft or both to announce something at this year's....well next year's (2013) E3 and then release the actual system in time for 2014 holiday season.

Edited by DanielVT

I hope it is not 2013, but let's face it. Consoles are typically officially announced a year before they are released. I would kind of expect Sony or Microsoft or both to announce something at this year's....well next year's (2013) E3 and then release the actual system in time for 2014 holiday season.

That seems like the most likely thing to happen, but I think the success of the WiiU may change things a little. If it is selling like hotcakes Sony and Microsoft will want new consoles out as soon as possible, but if it's a flop then they may release consoles a little later knowing Nintendo isn't getting a massive lead and fanbase.

Parker

That seems like the most likely thing to happen, but I think the success of the WiiU may change things a little. If it is selling like hotcakes Sony and Microsoft will want new consoles out as soon as possible, but if it's a flop then they may release consoles a little later knowing Nintendo isn't getting a massive lead and fanbase.

Parker

Yeah, I am not worried by the Wii U nor do I think it will do well. Sure it has sold out, but that is obviously mostly thanks to Nintendo hardcore fans. (I can't believe I used the Wii U and hardcore in the same sentence :P ) I don't think Sony or Microsoft have anything at all to worry about with Nintendo or the Wii U. In my mind the Wii U is by no means the first console of the next generation. If it is what the next gen will be like then I quit gaming. :D In my mind the Wii U is nothing more than a catch-up system. Nintendo is only now at the level that PS3 and 360 have been for years.