Why is my CaC so weak compared to the other characters?

Floriiss

I'm currently playing through these so called Parallel Quests, but there's something that's really bothering me. I've noticed that most, if not all the characters that I've unlocked so far have better stats than the character I've created. I'm currently level 22 Saiyan. I've spend my attribute points and I've equipped better armor, yet every other character that I've unlocked still has higher stats than my own character. When I'm playing Parallel Quests Online everyone is using his/her own character.. so I'm assuming that they either have a high level, or I must be doing something wrong? Is it normal that the other characters are stronger than mine? Could someone clear things up for me? Thanks in advance!

Floriiss

IIRC, the characters you unlock have fixed stats, so at the start they will be stronger than your custom character. But as you progress, level up your character and your characters stats, your custom character will become stronger than the other characters (also depending on which stats you upgrade). It's nothing to worry about really.

What build do you plan to follow with for your character? Because I recommend going for a ki spam build; once you unlock Super Vanishing Ball and Super Saiyan/Super Vegeta, you'll be OP as fuck against the AI at later stages in the game which will help a lot when grinding out the Parallel Quests for every super/ultimate attack

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SkyesUnholy said:

IIRC, the characters you unlock have fixed stats, so at the start they will be stronger than your custom character. But as you progress, level up your character and your characters stats, your custom character will become stronger than the other characters (also depending on which stats you upgrade). It's nothing to worry about really.

What build do you plan to follow with for your character? Because I recommend going for a ki spam build; once you unlock Super Vanishing Ball and Super Saiyan/Super Vegeta, you'll be OP as fuck against the AI at later stages in the game which will help a lot when grinding out the Parallel Quests for every super/ultimate attack

Yeah I was thinking something like that. Seems like I'll be using those characters for a while then until my CaC is stronger than them.

I've got literally no idea. I've did some research though, but a lot of people mentioned different things so I'm quite unsure on what aspects I should spend those attribute points on. So far I've given each stat around the same number, except for Ki Blast Supers which is currently 0. I've read somewhere that to become a powerful Saiyan you have to spend it all on Ki, Basic Attacks and Strike Supers. So those three are currently 20 iirc, health and stamina 10, and Ki blast 0. But then again I've read a lot of different things so I'm still unsure if I'm doing it the right way.. :P. Is there a way to reset those points so you can reassign them or something? (In case I screwed up?)

1 minute ago, Floriiss said:

Yeah I was thinking something like that. Seems like I'll be using those characters for a while then until my CaC is stronger than them.

I've got literally no idea. I've did some research though, but a lot of people mentioned different things so I'm quite unsure on what aspects I should spend those attribute points on. So far I've given each stat around the same number, except for Ki Blast Supers which is currently 0. I've read somewhere that to become a powerful Saiyan you have to spend it all on Ki, Basic Attacks and Strike Supers. So those three are currently 20 iirc, health and stamina 10, and Ki blast 0. But then again I've read a lot of different things so I'm still unsure if I'm doing it the right way.. :P. Is there a way to reset those points so you can reassign them or something? (In case I screwed up?)

Saiyans are great melee fighters, which is why people recommend those attributes. Great thing about Saiyans though is that when you get Super Saiyan/Super Vegeta, you can literally spam Ki Blast Supers. While SS, your ki meter depletes slowly, but the actual ki supers don't use any ki. Not only that, but there's also some skills that allow you to recharges your ki meter faster, consequently allowing you to stay SS indefinitely and unleashing a fuckstorm upon whoever is in your path. Before I unlocked Super Vanishing Ball, I was more of a melee fighter myself, but after unlocking that skill I put the majority of my points towards ki blasts, eventually maxing it, and reducing the effort I was putting into the game from there onwards. Reason why I'm preaching being a ki spammer is that the Parallel Quest grind is obnoxiously tedious :P 

There is a way to reset points, but you need to summon Shenron and use a wish for that. You already need to do a lot of farming for Dragon Balls to wish for super attacks, ultimate attacks, and to unlock some more characters which I believe is a total of 7 wishes you'd need to use not including if you were wanting to use an extra wish to reset your points. Dragon Ball farming is RNG and tedious in it's own right, so that's up to you if you want to go through the extra effort for more wishes. Your attribute point spending allocation doesn't need to be perfect though, so there's some comfort room if you spend points wrongly.

• Like 1

Youre only lvl 22... theres 80..85 (99 after patch) levels lol (that's why).

Characters have fixed specialized stats.

With your CaC, like Pokemon and other literal rpg, you want to focus on 2 or half the total skills. Maybe a few for the ones you dont care about is fine, but most of your points should be going to about two skills. You'd especially want to maximize your chars potential by doing it off the playstyle you chose (close range fighter, mid range fighter - half close combat, half long range - and long range fighter).

Incase anyone isnt aware still yet. Dragon Ball XV is officially a RPG (fighting) series (innovation). Infact, rpg comes first, then fighting.

• Like 1

On 8-1-2017 at 5:22 PM, SkyesUnholy said:

Saiyans are great melee fighters, which is why people recommend those attributes. Great thing about Saiyans though is that when you get Super Saiyan/Super Vegeta, you can literally spam Ki Blast Supers. While SS, your ki meter depletes slowly, but the actual ki supers don't use any ki. Not only that, but there's also some skills that allow you to recharges your ki meter faster, consequently allowing you to stay SS indefinitely and unleashing a fuckstorm upon whoever is in your path. Before I unlocked Super Vanishing Ball, I was more of a melee fighter myself, but after unlocking that skill I put the majority of my points towards ki blasts, eventually maxing it, and reducing the effort I was putting into the game from there onwards. Reason why I'm preaching being a ki spammer is that the Parallel Quest grind is obnoxiously tedious :P 

There is a way to reset points, but you need to summon Shenron and use a wish for that. You already need to do a lot of farming for Dragon Balls to wish for super attacks, ultimate attacks, and to unlock some more characters which I believe is a total of 7 wishes you'd need to use not including if you were wanting to use an extra wish to reset your points. Dragon Ball farming is RNG and tedious in it's own right, so that's up to you if you want to go through the extra effort for more wishes. Your attribute point spending allocation doesn't need to be perfect though, so there's some comfort room if you spend points wrongly.

Sounds good! I've noticed that too when I was playing with Goku. When I went Super Saiyan and did those Super/Ultimate attacks it didn't even deplete Ki so that was really nice. Seems like I'll be spending most of my points towards these Ki blast then. But I first need to unlock Super Saiyan though haha. :P

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Sounds good! I've noticed that too when I was playing with Goku. When I went Super Saiyan and did those Super/Ultimate attacks it didn't even deplete Ki so that was really nice. Seems like I'll be spending most of my points towards these Ki blast then. But I first need to unlock Super Saiyan though haha. :P

I bought my SS skill cause I couldn't be assed grinding it out. :P Super Vegeta is the superior SS ability to get though, you can't buy it but it improves your ki blasts (normal SS improves strike and melee damage). It is a pain to unlock though, I spent roughly 4-5 hours grinding it's respective Parallel Quest to get it to unlock, so if you go for it then good luck!

Edited by SkyesUnholy
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 11-1-2017 at 9:39 PM, SkyesUnholy said:

I bought my SS skill cause I couldn't be assed grinding it out. :P Super Vegeta is the superior SS ability to get though, you can't buy it but it improves your ki blasts (normal SS improves strike and melee damage). It is a pain to unlock though, I spent roughly 4-5 hours grinding it's respective Parallel Quest to get it to unlock, so if you go for it then good luck!

Thanks for the tips! Just grabbed myself the Xenoverse platinum. Spamming Ki blasts while SSJV worked really well. Made it a lot easier :P

• Like 1