Survival world now being saved as Creative

markcavan

Hoping you maybe able to help with this one ...

So I have a tutorial world which I have been using since I started playing Minecraft, its created on PS3 and I've been uploading it to PSVita and PS4 via cloud save.  I've had the world since mid/late 2014.  Anyhow, the last time I used the world was around the time when I was going for the DLC pack 4, the one with the Wither.  I have been very protective of the world and have multiple backups of it including cloud save and USB.

I loaded up the world today first time since April 2016 and ran into a problem.  When I select the world it states the world was created in survival and the world loads up fine.  I then saved the world, exited and loaded it up again.  However, now the world is reporting it was saved in creative and gives me the prompt saying trophies will be disabled in the world.  I am 100% certain it was never saved in creative as the save point is just before I spawned and killed the Wither.

Downloaded and restoring my backups check that it clearly say upon loading that it was created on Survival, which it does but if I save it, load it again it will switch to creative.

Has anyone seen this before or know a way to fix it ? Maybe Mojang now is no longer allowing older worlds to be used and is automatically saving them as creative.

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Is it possible the world is no longer compatible with the newest version? I know they've added a lot of stuff in and changed the tutorial world a few times.

I guess its possible, my world would be the older tutorial world around around the 2014 time.  I had not considered they would remove compatibility from a previously saved world.  If that's true that horrible.

Looks like I'm not the only one to run into this problem.  Found this post on the Xbox version -> http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/minecraft-xbox-one-edition/2698634-save-game-changes-world-to-creative

At this point I'm guessing @SnowxSakura is correct.  The world is so old that while it will load it is not compatible for new content which is why its then saved as creative :-(

Edited by markcavan
  • Like 1