Few questions on trophies

WarrFork

I recently just started caring about trophies and had a few questions about them.

I'm sorry in advance if it has already been asked many times or is obvious, I just couldn't find out myself or rather, which keywords to search for.

I see that a few games on the site have a page for the PS4 version and the PS Vita version, while a few list both consoles on the same page. Does that mean one share trophies while with the other case you can get the trophies twice if the pages are separated? Considering one has a different page for the both versions, and support cross-save, if my save on PS4 had the game completed and so were the trophies, will I automatically get all those trophies for the Vita version? What makes trophies lists separated or not? Is it the devs decision? 

Could I play the NA version of a game, get all the trophies and then play the JP version and still get trophies? Is there also a way to know which region is a specific page on the site? Or the only way is to earn one trophy and check on which page it appears that I have earned it?

7 minutes ago, WarrFork said:

I recently just started caring about trophies and had a few questions about them.

I'm sorry in advance if it has already been asked many times or is obvious, I just couldn't find out myself or rather, which keywords to search for.

I see that a few games on the site have a page for the PS4 version and the PS Vita version, while a few list both consoles on the same page. Does that mean one share trophies while with the other case you can get the trophies twice if the pages are separated? Considering one has a different page for the both versions, and support cross-save, if my save on PS4 had the game completed and so were the trophies, will I automatically get all those trophies for the Vita version? What makes trophies lists separated or not? Is it the devs decision? 

Could I play the NA version of a game, get all the trophies and then play the JP version and still get trophies? Is there also a way to know which region is a specific page on the site? Or the only way is to earn one trophy and check on which page it appears that I have earned it?

Only if it supports it, games like sound shapes supports the cross save to auto-pop the trophies, other games support cross save, but won't. There are games on there that list multiple platforms, but are only on one(i.e Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus is only on the vita, but is listed for the ps3 as well)usually they do that in case they want to port it in the future. Only games with separate trophy lists will let you do the trophies more than once some games(Shinovi Versus again)share the same list between the english and japanese release. Currently there's no feature on here yet that tags which list you're playing on, however you can go to http://www.playstationtrophies.org/  type the name of the game in and it will show all of the lists it has. Hope that helps

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WarrFork said:

It varies from title to title, but you can tell by searching the list of games on this site. So if you did a search for "Yakuza", for example, you'd notice that there are two lists for Yakuza 0, meaning that you can earn titles from both the Japanese and English versions of the game. But there's only one list for Yakuza 5, meaning that you can only get those trophies once.

I bit ooff topic, but before you fall into the abyss of trophy hunting, maybe consider only going for games you really care for and aim to get all trophies in those games than just quantity or the ease of acquire trophies. But if ease is your thing...I notice you have My Name is Mayo too..that game is cross buy with PS4/VITA!! so YES! you can get all those trophies again on your VITA! .99cents for 2 platinums.. WOOT!:yay:

7 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I bit ooff topic, but before you fall into the abyss of trophy hunting, maybe consider only going for games you really care for and aim to get all trophies in those games than just quantity or the ease of acquire trophies. But if ease is your thing...I notice you have My Name is Mayo too..that game is cross buy with PS4/VITA!! so YES! you can get all those trophies again on your VITA! .99cents for 2 platinums.. WOOT!:yay:

Oh shit someone found me out for Mayo. :awesome: Thank you all for the answers. ^_^

Edited by WarrFork