"The City of the Sun" mission bug.

Gamer-Girls-FTW

So i got to this story mission. You trigger it automatically by entering the city for the first time and I started it because it was blocking the way to the mission that I wanted to get to and i wanted to do the side quests first, so when i was supposed to follow the NPC to the location, like a fool, I went elsewhere and the mission requirements changed from "Follow "NPC: to "Return to "NPC". I thought it would be okay to stray away since this mission was obviously designed with the desire to abandon it for a short time in mind and pick it back up later since the context change accordingly. Apparently it bugs out in a complete game breaking way. You're supposed to follow the NPC but even if you don't follow, he just keeps walking without you, locking you out of all cutscenes that come with this part of the mission and ultimately locking the mission itself. Now I can't progress, A cutscene is supposed to be triggered but the NPC just stands there and doesn't do what he is supposed to do to allow progression. Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a fix? Or am I screwed out of my progress and will have to restart? It appears I've saved over this bug and no auto saves work either as they were all made after i walked away from the NPC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I happen to have the same issue, I wandered off to complete side quests upon entering Meridian, literally running by Erend as he talked, now LV44, returning to complete the main mission but it seems to me that I have screwed myself on this save of mine.

I tried dying, as it solved a situation where a NPC would not talk to me before, I tried restarting the game and also fast-traveling to other locations back and forth. 

I'd assume that I have to start over? I guess that if I do have to, I'll now create a bunch of manual saves now and then...

4 hours ago, ChillCitizen said:

I'd assume that I have to start over? I guess that if I do have to, I'll now create a bunch of manual saves now and then...

I was tempted to run off and explore at this point too but then I realised how much it would bug me knowing that I left an NPC calling out to me for hours while I run off to all corners of the land.

This whole situation really sucks of course and hopefully someone finds a solution or it gets patched soon. Having said that, I can't believe people play 50+ hour games without using multiple saves. That seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

On 02.03.2017. at 8:06 PM, Gamer-Girls-FTW said:

So i got to this story mission. You trigger it automatically by entering the city for the first time and I started it because it was blocking the way to the mission that I wanted to get to and i wanted to do the side quests first, so when i was supposed to follow the NPC to the location, like a fool, I went elsewhere and the mission requirements changed from "Follow "NPC: to "Return to "NPC". I thought it would be okay to stray away since this mission was obviously designed with the desire to abandon it for a short time in mind and pick it back up later since the context change accordingly. Apparently it bugs out in a complete game breaking way. You're supposed to follow the NPC but even if you don't follow, he just keeps walking without you, locking you out of all cutscenes that come with this part of the mission and ultimately locking the mission itself. Now I can't progress, A cutscene is supposed to be triggered but the NPC just stands there and doesn't do what he is supposed to do to allow progression. Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a fix? Or am I screwed out of my progress and will have to restart? It appears I've saved over this bug and no auto saves work either as they were all made after i walked away from the NPC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The one where he walks you to Olin's apt? Is it bugged before the door opens or afterwards? If you can walk in you can try scanning something with your focus or proceed upstairs and interact with a pallet full of metal ingots. It might unbug it and trigger the later scene. Otherwise... Don't leave NPC's hanging they have feels too:P

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

The one where he walks you to Olin's apt? Is it bugged before the door opens or afterwards? If you can walk in you can try scanning something with your focus or proceed upstairs and interact with a pallet full of metal ingots. It might unbug it and trigger the later scene. Otherwise... Don't leave NPC's hanging they have feels too:P

It bugged before he breaks down the door leaving no possible solution. And I'm aware that he has feelings now. lol. After restarting, I made sure to listen to his story straight away and finally he opened the door for me like a gentleman and I was able to platinum the game. #LessonLearned.