External HDD advice

Lars

Hello guys,

I don't have much technical knowledge about what is a good item and brand and which are not good.

Someone at my job told me that WD is a good brand for these hard drives.

With the amount of games i have i want a 4TB one, then i always have enough space and i don't need to constantly delete and redownload games.

I believe that this is also possible on the PS3, because i also have loads of games there and i also want to buy one for this system (probably 2TB).

I have found some articles that i found interesting, but i don't know if they are compatible, and how good they are.

One of them is the: WD My Passport Ultra 4TB 2.5 HDD USB 3.0 (https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/564163/wd-my-passport-ultra-4tb-zwart/specificaties/) this is the link to Tweakers, which is a Dutch website where you can compare prices.

If it is available for PS3 i'm interested in this one: https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/339686/wd-elements-portable-storage-2tb-zwart/specificaties/ which is the WD Elements Portable 2TB, also 2,5 HDD and USB 3.0.

If you have any advice on this i would be very happy to know this because they are expensive so i won't buy them before i know they are good.

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Hard drives are one of those things you can't really define which is best or give a good opinion about.  People have problems with WD, people have problems with Seagate... all hard drives fail at some point in time.  Everyone's experiences are different depending on which brand they use. 

32 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Hard drives are one of those things you can't really define which is best or give a good opinion about.  People have problems with WD, people have problems with Seagate... all hard drives fail at some point in time.  Everyone's experiences are different depending on which brand they use. 

In the meantime i bought the 4tb my passport from WD, works fine. All my games are on there