Circular Saw & X-Ray Glasses

I finished the game doing the speed run and I'm now working on the Madhouse trophies (my last two needed). From what I understand doing the speed run should have rewarded me with the circular saw and x-ray glasses. It even told me so when I finished the speed run. 

When I went to my storage chest in Madhouse I got all the other rewards (Albert gun, walking shoes, essences of defense) but there was no mention of those two items. Do I need to pick them up from somewhere else in the game? 

No not really? After you've finished the speedrun a massage should pop which shows you, your new content the Circular Saw & X-Ray Glasses and normally the should lay in the first box like everything else:S

Are you sure it isn't in the box? Maybe you just overlooked it?

1 hour ago, Durandart said:

No not really? After you've finished the speedrun a massage should pop which shows you, your new content the Circular Saw & X-Ray Glasses and normally the should lay in the first box like everything else:S

Are you sure it isn't in the box? Maybe you just overlooked it?

Yeah, I double checked before posting. The only thing I could think of is that after researching it I saw some comments stating that if you do the speed run on Easy that you may not get "Walking Shoes" which is odd because I got those out of my Normal mode run and used them in my Easy speed run. However, since I did the speed run on Easy, maybe it's a related issue. Again, I did see the message at the end telling me that the saw and glasses would be in my storage so it's anyone's guess.

It doesn't really matter because this is my 4th playthrough now and I know the game very well at this point, but using the X-Ray glasses would make it easier for me to find the Madhouse coins. I try not to use guides and instead try to find collectibles through functions provided in game, but it's not a hard rule and I'll do it if it will save me another Madhouse playthrough.

• 1 year later...
On 3/21/2017 at 11:45 AM, DeadStanley said:

Yeah, I double checked before posting. The only thing I could think of is that after researching it I saw some comments stating that if you do the speed run on Easy that you may not get "Walking Shoes" which is odd because I got those out of my Normal mode run and used them in my Easy speed run. However, since I did the speed run on Easy, maybe it's a related issue. Again, I did see the message at the end telling me that the saw and glasses would be in my storage so it's anyone's guess.

I did my speed run on easy and I got the Circular Saw and X-Ray specs.

• Like 1