My checklist, a rambler's collection

Lars

On 25-3-2017 at 9:58 AM, Floriiss said:

Nice looking list you've got there Lars. Always nice to see more Dutch hunters out there. Keep it going man!

Thanks man for the nice words.

I have updated the whole layout of the list to make it look nicer and more easy readible.

Made it in word and the website makes some extra spaces that i realised after posting. 

I still want to add a section for people who helped me with getting multiplayer trophies so still do that during the course of this week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Added to the checklist, some plats and 100%'s are planned for the next couple of weeks

#95: Riptide GP2

1Lbc8ff2.png

One of the famous games in the trophy hunting genre for being an easy platinum. Luckily for me, it was also an enjoyable game. Gameplay is quite good although the ice cave levels are annoying to get through. At first i didn't know how to do tricks so i was constantly looking for ways on why i was doing the same one all the time, after i found out the game became very easy. Although the freestyle events were tricky ( thanks for laughing) because your jump had to be perfect to line up for the next ramp, because most of them are very difficult when you miss one ramp. But happy to get a plat after almost a month of not getting one, now i'm going to finish off Funk of Titans, hope to have that done tonight already, then i go back to my PS3 and play Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

#96: Funk of Titans

1Lcba95f.png

One platinum closer to that magic number, i'll be honest, this is another easy one but for me also sort of an achievement, just like another game called Teslagrad.

These are both 2d platformers and i'm so bad at those, i'm usually not able to figure out puzzles and i normally die very easy because my timing is always off, this game really trained that because in the beginning i was stuck at level 5 because i kept dying. In the end though most levels were completed within one try, didn't need a guide for anything so it was easy, not that much fun because you only have to press 2 buttons, technically you could play and plat this game with one hand.

Difficulty: 3/10

Enjoyment: 6/10

Edited by Lars

Another 100% today to add to the checklist, will also add a section with completed dlc.

100%: Rock 'n Racing Offroad Dx

Lc494b9.png

I have played lots of easy games recently, these often have a reputation of easy, but very bad.

Well, they're nothing compared to this game, this was the first time i actually wanted my money back and that has happened for the first time.

I read reviews before i buy a game and i know that this game already got bad reviews, but so did Orc Slayer, Coffin Dodgers and Magus. They were definetely not good but still they had some enjoyment in them because they were playable.

This game is so bad in all its ways that it sometimes feels unplayable, this is why.

At first there is the camera, it is stationairy at one point so it is difficult to spot bumps in the road, when you drive over such a bump the car jumps and sometimes rolls without any explanation, if you land on a bump the car always behaves strange, sometimes it stops, sometimes it magically receives a huge boost and you crash. It also has a classic one from Road to Hell (haven't played this, but seen the footage) which is that the car if you land a jump always shoots of to one of the sides without explanation. Then your opponents, they're horrible, it feels like the car you drive weighs nothing and theirs have the weight of a truck, they crash in you so often and you are always the victim, when they crash in to you it is basically end of the race, because you crash in the wall and before you are out of that position the race has finished. And this happens way to often.

The tracks are recycled everytime with some bumps in different places, the cars are not that original and the monstertruck is the worst, because you can't determine what the front and what the back of the car is. The only positive part of this game is that it is very short, normally not a good thing but for a game this bad it is better. The trophies themselfs are easy, but because of the issues the last 3 cups have a lot of luck involved in them, because one crash and the race is over, and guess what, when you restart you have to restart the whole championship so when this happens you have to do a whole championship over.

This is my first 1/10, and i hope it is my last as well.

Enjoyment: 1/10

• 3 weeks later...

#97: La Cops

1L4080c2.png

This game wasn't enjoyable at all, game at first was a bit fun because it gives you a lot of trophies by completing the first level. After that it becomes a lot less enjoyable because the game feels very cheap, and very unfair as well. Luckily the AI feels unfair but the other way around you can utilise some features as well which makes the game easier in some places. But the AI is just stupid, it feels sometimes that they can shoot through walls, every shot always hits you and takes a huge amount of health, even with a pistol which for you as a player takes so many shots to kill a target. On the higher difficulty it is difficult because all the one hit kills you concede, on lower difficulties it is difficult because a shortage on ammo. And like i said, game isn't hard but really unfair, which makes it more difficult and less enjoyable

Difficulty: 4/10

Enjoyment: 4/10

Just now, ShakeNBake663 said:

Nice list~ You're so close to your 100th, any game you're planning to do for that milestone? :D

Thanks a lot,

I have planned it indeed, first i finish Motorstorm Apocalypse and Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment.

My 100th will be Horizon Zero Dawn

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Added to the list

#98: Motorstorm Apocalypse

1L61e82f.png

It has been almost a year since i last platted a disc game on the PS3, with Infamous 2 being the last. I'm proud of this one, wasn't the easiest but i don't remember that much of it because i played most of it a long time ago.

When i decided to pick this one back up to finish it last month i had my last trophy before that in december 2015. That was when i finished the multiplayer which was actually quite easy and quick with solo boosting method that you can use. Makes it a 7 hour boost instead of a 25 hour boost.

The single player was very enjoyable, although i normally prefer a bit more realistic form of racing, where you can defend places and so. That's not possible in this game, when you don't crash you normally win an event. The story felt a bit sticked on and not necessary, same as the collectibles. I normally enjoy to collect them but in racing games they shouldn't be there, except in open world. Especially these because they were hardly noticeable, most of them were just off the track and i only got 20 by just playing the game, you have to drive really close to even see them. So i used a video guide to mop them up.

Racing was fun, good variety in vehicles and fun tracks and surroundings.

Difficulty: 4/10

Enjoyment: 9/10

Edited by Lars

• 1 month later...

Added to the list

Platinum #100: Horizon Zero Dawn

1Lf9f2b0.png

I chose this game as my 100th platinum the moment the trophy list came out, i knew the platinum was doable and the game got great reviews so i decided to buy it from day one. I was hyped for this game and with good reason, looking at trailers the expectations were very high, and the game even surpassed my expectations.

The game had a bit of a slow start and the story wasn't clear immediately to me, i often have this with fantasy (for me fantasy is everything that isn't happening in our world with characters and people with unknown names) games that i have to look up a lot about the story because i don't understand it. But when i got the grips of what was happening even that was a strong aspect of the game. The gameplay is absolutely amazing, and so much fun. When i looked at a checklist i asked myself if there was enough content. With RPG's you often see something like 60 side quests, 200 collectibles. Games like Far Cry had more then 30 of those bandit camps, this game has 6. But the content is spot on, absolutely perfect content. Like i said, gameplay was amazing, fighting machines was fun. Every machine because the higher level you got the stronger and bigger they got, and i didn't encounter many smaller ones. Fighting human enemies was a bit less enjoyable because with the explosive bombs it was very easy, so going stealth made it more fun because it was more difficult.

My platinum account has 60 hours into it, and i still have to do some side quests. And fighting a Thunderjaw or a Stormbird never gets old. This game is a must have for every Playstation owner, GOTY potential, although going off reviews many great games have already come out this year like Nier and Persona 5.

Enjoyment: 10/10

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Did another big update, only need to update the 100%'s now. I possibly take out the backlog bits, it's not that interesting in my opinion and not up to date at all

EDIT: I also can't open the spoiler tags anymore, anyone else have this problem?

Edited by Lars

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have updated my list completely again, so i hope everyone enjoys the read.

I kept my reviews for easy games as short as possible so just 1 sentence because i don't think anyone really cares about those