I Hate RNG oriented trophies

Kevvik

Trying to get the bloody Big Muramasa trophy. I hate having to grind for a random drop for a trophy. Trying to slowly go through the last dungeon heading to Quasar and have this done before the final boss.

Add the fact that fighting the bosses feels more like I am battling the RNG gods as well. Sometimes you get a good fight, other times you get nuked from word go with no hope. Skill feels like it is barely involved here.

Anyway, I'm high enough now (lvl 45) that 2 golds is giving me wrap at times and instead of high level items, I am getting D's half the time. Still trying the katana+gold+gold+increase2 but getting real frustrated getting 1A and 2 C/Ds. Of course, Big Muramasa is the only Katana higher than D that I don't have.

Still, trophies should be skill based and not RNG. That's my rant and hopefully this doesn't go on much longer.

Luckily, the Muramasa grind wasn't to bad for me, just make sure you save with the path to the final dungeon cleared, so you don't always have to fight those. Not to mention I got lucky and both Muramasa/Big Muramasa dropped from the same encoutner ^^ (tho I have obtained Muramasa before).

On other note, quasar is straight bull and almost lost my sanity with this Platinum pursuit. I was following the advices of buffying my whole party, divine armor and all that s**t. Just doesn't work. Had to zerg through it as others describe, just get divine weapon up asap, God Mirror, and pray the Cross Fix succeeds as much as possible (didn't have assasssin nor ranger and had to rely on the artifact on my samurai).

Edited by HoundEagle
  • Like 1

Yeah, I lucked out today.  Found a good sequence for battle which worked well and sailed through the whole run start to finish. No RNG boss bull this time like there was in the first part with Ether Mirage and the initial Sol fight, just hammered straight through and finished the boss run. Only needed Cross Fix once for the last set of hits on Quasar. Dark Aries was more work than he was. Counting my blessings.

All I have now is this RNG drop crap to get Big Muramasa for the last trophy. Debating whether I should go back to my initial save when I first opened Gods Eden and hope for the best or keep going now when I'm OP'd and getting drop wrap.  Hated this when I played Operation Abyss but at least then I was just spamming a random transformation skill and didn't have to travel to/from fights and constantly reset the circles.  

This is going to be annoying, I think.

Edited by Kevvik

Another 2 hours of grinding and the thing dropped. Thank you RNG gods for not making this anymore painful than it already was.

Dont know if there is a correlation but with Operation Abyss, the RNG gods showed pity on me a couple of days after I bitched about that one too. Guess they just need to drive me to a rant before letting me have it.

• 4 years later...

Anybody got any advice for this that isn't using "katana+gold+gold+increase2" and having the path back to God's Eden cleared for quicker grinding?

I've gone from level 39-40 to 59 trying to find the normal muramasa (got the big one pretty quick). I've used the blank gem  with 2 golds and increase 2 a lot too with no luck, I'm fairly sure I have every item apart from muramasa at this point including the troll murasame.

Got it using katana+gold+gold+increase2.

Little warning for people checking around for average estimate times to get these RNG swords, took me upwards of 20 hours to get the standard Muramasa, be prepared to have a bad time.

• 1 year later...