What's the best way to tackle this platinum?

Hey everyone (especially hey @Satoshi Ookami),

I finally bought this game today. I had a lot of fun with HF and LS, and I'm certainly not afraid of the big grind. After reading here and in some other forums, I certainly got the impression that the grind in HR might be biggest one out of the three. Can you give me a short overview what's the best way to tackle the platinum of this game? Sword Skills during story? Quests for 100 friends? Atm I'm still a bit overwhelmed of the system and how exactly the leveling of sword skills works. ^^' I'm just hacking the attack-button tbh.

Thanks for the tips in advance! :D 

The quest for 100 friends will come naturally if you do side stuff. Learn to chain skills as early as possible and do it whenever possible as you need to do a lot for 1 certain katana skill to unlock. And the weapons skill level like they did in HF. Every hit levels your weapon skill. The affection trophies have been made immensely less grindy, what used to take 6-7hrs only takes 2-3 now for 1 trophy. So play it like HF if you finished that and you'll have no problem platinuminng this one 

• Like 1

Eh xD

We still didn't do the guide, hehe...

Oh well...

3 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

might be biggest one out of the three.

Depends. It's not the biggest one time-wise, but it's by far the most boring one.

Can you give me a short overview what's the best way to tackle the platinum of this game?

Just play normally while going for other trophies. The amount of Sword Skills you accumulate throughout the main story is measly compared to what you have to grind anyway.

Especially considering the best skills for grinding are one hit ones. And... you really can't rely on them.

Quests for 100 friends?

This will be okay. Just always accept a quest if it's for exterminating something and farm ingredients. Eventually, you will end up in situation where your friends will give you additional quest to bring them some ingredients. And you will be able to clear it immediately.

I suggest never actively grinding for the quests. If you can't fulfill it immediately, forget about it and concentrate on a different friend.

• Like 1