Slow connection

Ragowit

I'm currently downloading a demo on my PS3. It's 340 MB and currently it's 1% done with ETA 172 minutes. My PS3 have always been this slow on downloading stuff, I usually leave it on while I sleep if I need to download something.

Now, I'm on a 100/100 internet connection. When downloading stuff on my computer I easily get speed around 7 MB/sec. Both my computer and the PS3 is on wireless. So why is my computer so fast and the PS3 is not?

Have someone else had this kind of problem? And maybe a solution on how to fix it? It drives me insane.

EDIT: My router is D-LINK DIR-655.

Could be a number of things, I guess.

First of all, the PS3 has a built in Wireless-G adapter. The standard these days (depending on who you talk to) is Wireless-N. If I were a betting man, I'd say your PC wireless adapter uses Wireless-N. Why Sony didn't bother making that leap when they released the new Slim models in beyond me. No matter how fast your connection is, Wireless-G is a bottleneck.

33kb/sec is low even for that though.

Depending on when you were doing this, it may be caused my heavy traffic. I'm not sure what servers you connect to (I'm guessing you set your PSN account's country to Sweden?) but primetime hours will probably slow down your speeds pretty good. If you didn't set your PSN account's country to Sweden for some reason, you may be connecting to a PSN server further from you... and thusly slowing your speeds down.

If everything checks out there... then I'm running low on ideas. Try moving your PS3 closer to the router itself or plugging it in directly with an Ethernet cable?

EDIT: Could also just be random bad luck. If your speeds are really awful, try stopping the download for a bit and starting it back up. It seems like mine does that sometimes and it can go from a crawl to nice and fast just from pausing and resuming it.