Small patch downloads...

AJ_Radio

Just bought and picked up Horizon Zero Dawn today. Can't wait to play it fairly soon even if I'm using the vanilla PS4.

This game has received several updates since it's release on February 28th. I installed the game as per usual with retail games but when I went to the download menu I was only getting around 228 MBs on the patches. The websites have posted in the past months that the patch files were more than 228 MBs, so unless I'm missing something those patches were already applied to the game disc. I don't know really.

Just thought I'd like to point this out for anybody still looking to buy Horizon Zero Dawn.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Just bought and picked up Horizon Zero Dawn today. Can't wait to play it fairly soon even if I'm using the vanilla PS4.

This game has received several updates since it's release on February 28th. I installed the game as per usual with retail games but when I went to the download menu I was only getting around 228 MBs on the patches. The websites have posted in the past months that the patch files were more than 228 MBs, so unless I'm missing something those patches were already applied to the game disc. I don't know really.

Just thought I'd like to point this out for anybody still looking to buy Horizon Zero Dawn.

When a new patch is released it includes all the files from the previous ones, so if you only install the last one you already have them all, you don't download and install every patch released.

1 hour ago, Devil_Spooky said:

When a new patch is released it includes all the files from the previous ones, so if you only install the last one you already have them all, you don't download and install every patch released.

That doesn't seem to be the same situation with the Playstation 3. It's very annoying having to wait for each patch file to download and install, hell even when I was just installing games the system would take it's sweet time with it.

I love the Playstation 4 because it has a much better interface and it installs very quickly. It automatically detects the patch you need to download, whereas on the PS3 I have to access the game and then wait for it to take it's sweet time with all the patches.

8 minutes ago, Spaz said:

That doesn't seem to be the same situation with the Playstation 3. It's very annoying having to wait for each patch file to download and install, hell even when I was just installing games the system would take it's sweet time with it.

I love the Playstation 4 because it has a much better interface and it installs very quickly. It automatically detects the patch you need to download, whereas on the PS3 I have to access the game and then wait for it to take it's sweet time with all the patches.

I haven't experience this for many years on PS3, it only download the latest patch. :P

It may be because of the specific latest PS3 games I acquired and updated that I don't experience multi updates for one single game.

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

20 minutes ago, Spaz said:

It's like that with the PS3 as well, but I know what you're talking about, probably the way they work on there makes it so they sometimes have to release patches in separated files, or in certain sizes so they have to split them up, or just devs not having the best of times while working with the system (it's widly known that the PS3 is a nightmare to develop for).