Questions about the MP & Co-op

I have a couple questions about the MP and co-op.

1) Sometimes when trying to throw a grenade back it doesn't show me the triangle and I'm sure it hasn't hit a wall or ceilling meaning there's plenty of time left to throw it back. Why does that happen? And when there are weapons laying around I always pick up a weapon and die ofcourse. Is there a way around?

2) Return to Sender, when I try this I get atleast 4-5 kills, but it doesn't give me the medal. I try this in splitscreen with myself and camp a bit and wait for them to throw (same thing in MP happens there too, sometimes it doesn't show me the triangle) I know that you don't get anymore money after you make too many kills in a single round, but I find it much harder to progress threw the waves with myself, because the heavy armor guys and especially the chokers make it hard to survive. I can't spam circle and at the same time use my 2nd controller to save myself. It may be a good idea to kill myself after I don't receive anymore money and focus on throwbacks only. Weirdly enough, I can receive in the soft spot medas while killing outside the Siege. Can you guys give me any tips?

3) Stealth attacks seem to be really glitchy to me. Often when I appear behind an enemy I just normally melee and it doesn't show me the stealth icon about his head. On the other hand, today I had a stealth kill on an enemy who was taking cover behind a wall and he was leaning to the side off the wall and shot at my teammates but I just meleed him and when he got back to cover, meaning he was facing me, it showed me the stealth icon and I got a stealth kill.

4) What excatly does disruption do?

5) What is pain wobble excatly?

6) What would be the best loadout when going for power killer medals and is TDM the best mode for that? Since you can't obtain them in plunder. :(

7) What would be the best loadout when going for assassin medals?

8) When looking at my stats when finding a game it shows I have played for about 9 hours and have made about 650 kills. I'm rank 68, no legacy. I can hardly imagine this is correct. Perhaps they count kills in objective game modes? And what exactly is the game time they count? Do they count the time while you're dead?

9) Please tell me there is a detailed stat website somewhere? ND has a terrible website, I can't login there and it only shows the accuracy of the weapons I used. It also only shows equipable weapons and no power weapons or kickback weapons/grenades. I can't hardly imagine devs make a game nowadays without making detailed stats for it. I'm dieing to know what kills I have made with what weapons.

I'm sure I'll think of other questions, but this is it for now.

Edited by MrCostari

I have a couple questions about the MP and co-op.

1) Sometimes when trying to throw a grenade back it doesn't show me the triangle and I'm sure it hasn't hit a wall or ceilling meaning there's plenty of time left to throw it back. Why does that happen? And when there are weapons laying around I always pick up a weapon and die ofcourse. Is there a way around?

Unfortunately, no. You are falling victim to what my friends and I call the "Uncharted button." They mapped everything to that button, and it seems like it almost always does the opposite of what you want it to do in the heat of battle. Also, grenade throwback in general is just very flaky, although everyone I throw a grenade at seems to be an expert at it.

2) Return to Sender, when I try this I get atleast 4-5 kills, but it doesn't give me the medal. I try this in splitscreen with myself and camp a bit and wait for them to throw (same thing in MP happens there too, sometimes it doesn't show me the triangle) I know that you don't get anymore money after you make too many kills in a single round, but I find it much harder to progress threw the waves with myself, because the heavy armor guys and especially the chokers make it hard to survive. I can't spam circle and at the same time use my 2nd controller to save myself. It may be a good idea to kill myself after I don't receive anymore money and focus on throwbacks only. Weirdly enough, I can receive in the soft spot medas while killing outside the Siege. Can you guys give me any tips?

You really need help for this, because as you say, it's not one that you can get while outside the siege zone. Doing it by yourself is going to be very hard. You can, however, throw back a grenade while outside of the zone, and as long as you get back in the zone before it explodes you'll get credit for it.

3) Stealth attacks seem to be really glitchy to me. Often when I appear behind an enemy I just normally melee and it doesn't show me the stealth icon about his head. On the other hand, today I had a stealth kill on an enemy who was taking cover behind a wall and he was leaning to the side off the wall and shot at my teammates but I just meleed him and when he got back to cover, meaning he was facing me, it showed me the stealth icon and I got a stealth kill.

Not much else to say - stealth is another thing that's just very flaky in this game. One thing is that if the player has their camera facing toward you (which is something you can't tell, obviously), it won't work.

No idea.

If you're getting shot, it hurts. The assumption is that the impact of the bullets also make it harder to hold your aim steady, therefore it makes you wobble.

6) What would be the best loadout when going for power killer medals and is TDM the best mode for that? Since you can't obtain them in plunder. :(

Has nothing to do with loadouts since power weapons are only available on the map. You have two options: get really good at knowing where they are on each map and going after them, or wait for one of the labs that uses only power weapons (I got all of mine on a MAG and SAS only one).

EDIT: I forgot there is one bonus that helps you see the location of power weapons... but that would not be all that useful after you've played a little bit and know where they are anyway.

Again, since this has nothing to do with your weapons, loadout shouldn't matter much.

8) When looking at my stats when finding a game it shows I have played for about 9 hours and have made about 650 kills. I'm rank 68, no legacy. I can hardly imagine this is correct. Perhaps they count kills in objective game modes? And what exactly is the game time they count? Do they count the time while you're dead?

9) Please tell me there is a detailed stat website somewhere? ND has a terrible website, I can't login there and it only shows the accuracy of the weapons I used. It also only shows equipable weapons and no power weapons or kickback weapons/grenades. I can't hardly imagine devs make a game nowadays without making detailed stats for it. I'm dieing to know what kills I have made with what weapons.

Unfortunately, you're stuck with ND's website which is, as you say, not all that great.

Edited by onuosfan
  • Like 1

Try the following: When you want to throw the grenade back, move at the same time you punch triangle.

When I do melee kills and they let the revenge grenade fall, I just run away the same time I punch triangle and it nearly always works.

And when it screws up in 99 out of 100 times it really is my own fault!

2) Return to Sender' date=' when I try this I get atleast 4-5 kills, but it doesn't give me the medal. I try this in splitscreen with myself and camp a bit and wait for them to throw (same thing in MP happens there too, sometimes it doesn't show me the triangle) I know that you don't get anymore money after you make too many kills in a single round, but I find it much harder to progress threw the waves with myself, because the heavy armor guys and especially the chokers make it hard to survive. I can't spam circle and at the same time use my 2nd controller to save myself. It may be a good idea to kill myself after I don't receive anymore money and focus on throwbacks only. Weirdly enough, I can receive in the soft spot medas while killing outside the Siege. Can you guys give me any tips?[/quote']

Don't try this at siege, would be my tip ^^

I did it there for three or four medals, than I changed to Chapter one, Borneo.

You know where the first kickback boss is? The one, who throws three grenades at once?

Take cover behind the desk or the wooden crates in front of it.

Look at the desk on the other side and just wait until the grenades come your way ^^

Works like a charm :D

And you get Mad Bomber medals also ^^

3) Stealth attacks seem to be really glitchy to me. Often when I appear behind an enemy I just normally melee and it doesn't show me the stealth icon about his head. On the other hand' date=' today I had a stealth kill on an enemy who was taking cover behind a wall and he was leaning to the side off the wall and shot at my teammates but I just meleed him and when he got back to cover, meaning he was facing me, it showed me the stealth icon and I got a stealth kill.[/quote']

I don't think it's glitched, but that the problem lays somewhere else: You don't only have to be behind your enemy, your enemy *also* has to look the other way - he or she mustn't have the camera face your way either, or it won't work!

You know the little arrows you see during plunder or something' date=' when an enemy comes close to you?

Once you activate disruption, your enemies won't see those arrows of you, even if you stay right next to them.

Answered already, nothing to add ^^

Two possibilities here: You could equip the Kickback that gives you a hammer (plus knowing the locations' date=' as onuosfan said). That might make it easier.

Or you wait until the next lab comes that has power weapons and just enjoy it :D

That's at least the way I'm going to get that trophy/ the medals :D

EDIT: The next lab with 5v5 TDM with Hammer and Uzi will be on February 26th, so it's still some time away.

Personally, I don't care but maybe you don't want to wait that long.

I'd give it a try at plunder and would equip speedy-G.

Mostly people are concentrating on the treasure, so you might get lucky, that you can outrun the idol carrier or those who protect him/her (or anyone else for that matter) and pretty much just jump them from behind.

(Hm, that might've come out wrong ;) )

Not sure about the last two points, sorry.

But I agree, that they don't display the whole time in your ingame stats and that it would be nice if they change their site a bit ^^

Just my two pence,

Nick

PS.: I edited a bit of the text. Just some mistakes I found after posting.

Edited by Latikos
  • Like 1

You really need help for this, because as you say, it's not one that you can get while outside the siege zone. Doing it by yourself is going to be very hard. You can, however, throw back a grenade while outside of the zone, and as long as you get back in the zone before it explodes you'll get credit for it.

The trophy tip works great, got 11 medals so far. :)

Not much else to say - stealth is another thing that's just very flaky in this game. One thing is that if the player has their camera facing toward you (which is something you can't tell, obviously), it won't work.

Ah that makes sense ofcourse.

If you're getting shot, it hurts. The assumption is that the impact of the bullets also make it harder to hold your aim steady, therefore it makes you wobble.

I didn't knew what wobble is, now I get it.

Try the following: When you want to throw the grenade back, move at the same time you punch triangle.

When I do melee kills and they let the revenge grenade fall, I just run away the same time I punch triangle and it nearly always works.

And when it screws up in 99 out of 100 times it really is my own fault!

Yeah, it tends to work better while running away... Strange...

You know where the first kickback boss is? The one, who throws three grenades at once?

Look at the desk on the other side and just wait until the grenades come your way ^^

Yeah I read that in the trophy tip, works like a charm indeed.

Got 11 medals so far. :)

You know the little arrows you see during plunder or something, when an enemy comes close to you?

Once you activate disruption, your enemies won't see those arrows of you, even if you stay right next to them.

I don't really understand that, I only see names names above enemies when I aim at them or they have been marked.

Ah, you are so right. I had totally forgotten because it's been while since I did it, but this is definitely the easiest spot.

Ah, you are so right. I had totally forgotten because it's been while since I did it, but this is definitely the easiest spot.

Do you know why sometimes I can't throw it back? Could it be because the grenades hit the canopy above the desk before hitting the ground? That would start the countdown and make it unable to throw back.

On the other hand, sometimes I get a very long time to throw it back that it explodes in front of me.

It's probably a glitch I guess, weird stuff in this game...

EDIT:

I understand why I couldn't throw grenades back sometimes. I pressed triangle too soon.

I know now that I have to wait till the line reaches the colored area and if that's close to the bottom it will explode very shortly after I threw it back.

Pressing triangle too soon freezes the line and makes it unable to throw back.

Edited by MrCostari

Easy question.

Kills counted are ONLY from deathmatch (5vs5 and 3vs3) and elimination (not sure about classic mode).

Playing time (in stats you can see while playing) is reset everytime you reach 24 hours playing :) If you like to have a total playing time you can grab it on http://www.naughtydo...3_quick_search/ (it seems adequately correct - based on my profile).

My english is not perfect, I hope it's all clear anyway.

• Like 1

Easy question.

Kills counted are ONLY from deathmatch (5vs5 and 3vs3) and elimination (not sure about classic mode).

Playing time (in stats you can see while playing) is reset everytime you reach 24 hours playing :) If you like to have a total playing time you can grab it on http://www.naughtydo...3_quick_search/ (it seems adequately correct - based on my profile).

My english is not perfect, I hope it's all clear anyway.

Ah that makes sense, even though it's weird it resets every 24 hours.

And I assume it also counts kills from 3TDM and FFA?

And by 3v3 you mean the Lab games?

I also have a couple other questions, mainly about the co-op.

What are the differences between crushing and the other difficulties?

10) I just learned there spawns a PAK80 Brute in the chapter 3 and 5, but not on the other difficulties. Do the other chapters also have more bosses?

11) And in both Arena and Adventure, do MORE enemies spawn while playing on crushing or just the same amount but with more armoured enemies?

12) I ofcourse know you die faster on crushing but are the enemies also more accurate? And are they more intelligent? Will they be easier aware of your presence when you try to stealth attack them? Are they any other things?

13) Are there more powers spawning for you on crushing? And what about the other difficulties?

14) On what difficulties in Arena spawn brutes? I believe on hard and crushing, but what about easy and normal? And do they only appear in siege and survival modes or also during treasure hunter? And what wave do they usually start spawning, I believe 8?

15) There are a shitload of treasures needed to be found in Arena or Hunter Arena, are they completely random or does playing on a higher difficulty increases the chance of treasures being dropped? It doesn't say any maps at all, does that mean that I have a equal chance to receive a treasure on every map, unlike the Adventure treasures?

16) How do I know when I obtained a treasure it's new for me or do I already have it?

17) Here, Hold This seems very glitchy. I have 12 but should have 16. I have obtained 2 in the new Lab map, one of them being a kickback grenade throwback, but both no medal. I also got a double kill, the 2nd kill was a bit laggy, but still got Fire in the Hole, but only one Here, Hold This. And yesterday I threw back a grenade and made a kill but got no medal. They are clearly listed under deathmatch and objective, but yet somehow I can't obtain them in the Lab??

18) Sometimes I get removed from a game for no reason at all, and I'm sure I didn't made any teamkills. Sometimes I get no message and it just takes me back to the MP menu but sometimes it simply says "You have been removed from the game". But why? Why does this happen?

19) What are the cons and pros of legacy? Will it cause any loss of progress towards trophies? Will I lose the treasures I have obtained?

20) There seem to be a lot of issues with the cinema. Rewinding often gives me a freeze, when I rewind medals seems to count double. For example, when I get one kill, and I rewind it it says Double Down, if I rewind again it says Tripled. Kinda weird. And sometimes at the start of a game the screen turns black with the scoreboard in the middle and then the match restarts. And in the cinema I end up with a file of 5 seconds long. Why?

21) I just found out about weapon kills on ND.com. But it doesn't seem correct. It shows I have 1 kill with the Wes 44, while I'm sure I have made more in co-op.

Does it show from both MP and Co-op? It also doesn't show RPG and M32 and maybe other weapons neither.

22) What are team deaths and kills? It says I have both 1015 on ND.com but I have no clue what it is.

23) When I get kicked, DCed, or leave a match does it save my stats? Usually it does save my trophies progress but not the medals I achieved. I have 5/50 Assassin medals, but it only shows 4 in my stats.

25) I was playing splitscreen with a friend and there was this MEOW clan who managed to split up over both teams, 2 of them in 1 team, the 3rd guy in the other team. Weirdly enough, my friend and I were also splitup and we have never had this before and we play a lot of splitscreen. Those guys started to work together and one of them even threw a grenade at me so his clanmate would get the kill, after I nearly died while killing him. Pretty unfair, but how did this happen?

26) As I said before, how the F does a teamkill results in a kill for the enemy? I know that when you get shot at and commit suicide by a grenade or jumping off the map, but I didn't knew it could also happen by a teammate's grenade. Again, unfair, and why?

27) I still can't login on ND.com, it gives me a PSN ticket error everytime and trying it in another browser, IE, didn't worked. It gave me no error, but it just took me back to the homepage.

Edited by MrCostari

10) I just learned there spawns a PAK80 Brute in the chapter 3 and 5, but not on the other difficulties. Do the other chapters also have more bosses?

11) And in both Arena and Adventure, do MORE enemies spawn while playing on crushing or just the same amount but with more armoured enemies?

12) I ofcourse know you die faster on crushing but are the enemies also more accurate? And are they more intelligent? Will they be easier aware of your presence when you try to stealth attack them? Are they any other things?

13) Are there more powers spawning for you on crushing? And what about the other difficulties?

14) On what difficulties in Arena spawn brutes? I believe on hard and crushing, but what about easy and normal? And do they only appear in siege and survival modes or also during treasure hunter? And what wave do they usually start spawning, I believe 8?

15) There are a shitload of treasures needed to be found in Arena or Hunter Arena, are they completely random or does playing on a higher difficulty increases the chance of treasures being dropped? It doesn't say any maps at all, does that mean that I have a equal chance to receive a treasure on every map, unlike the Adventure treasures?

16) How do I know when I obtained a treasure it's new for me or do I already have it?

On crushing enemies are both more accurate and intelligent, but there are no particular difficulties in making stealth attacks (not more than other modes for sure). Of course, there are more armoured enemies.

Brutes always spawn from normal to crushing on round 8 and on. On easy I don't know, but I don't think so.

About treasures. Dropping a treasure is a really frustrating thing and difficulty makes dropping probability increase, not really much by the way. If you obtain a treasure, you'll have no way to know if you still have it, unless checking a list you previously did.

17) Here, Hold This seems very glitchy. I have 12 but should have 16. I have obtained 2 in the new Lab map, one of them being a kickback grenade throwback, but both no medal. I also got a double kill, the 2nd kill was a bit laggy, but still got Fire in the Hole, but only one Here, Hold This. And yesterday I threw back a grenade and made a kill but got no medal. They are clearly listed under deathmatch and objective, but yet somehow I can't obtain them in the Lab??

Curious. The only medals you shouldn't obtain in labs are those realated to wins.

18) Sometimes I get removed from a game for no reason at all, and I'm sure I didn't made any teamkills. Sometimes I get no message and it just takes me back to the MP menu but sometimes it simply says "You have been removed from the game". But why? Why does this happen?

It happens, don't know why.

19) What are the cons and pros of legacy? Will it cause any loss of progress towards trophies? Will I lose the treasures I have obtained?

Trophies and treasures are safe (and consequently items unblocked with treasures). You lose all things related to your level (powers, weapons, kickbacks...).

20) There seem to be a lot of issues with the cinema. Rewinding often gives me a freeze, when I rewind medals seems to count double. For example, when I get one kill, and I rewind it it says Double Down, if I rewind again it says Tripled. Kinda weird. And sometimes at the start of a game the screen turns black with the scoreboard in the middle and then the match restarts. And in the cinema I end up with a file of 5 seconds long. Why?

Never happened, but I don't use cinema very frequently.

21) I just found out about weapon kills on ND.com. But it doesn't seem correct. It shows I have 1 kill with the Wes 44, while I'm sure I have made more in co-op.

Does it show from both MP and Co-op? It also doesn't show RPG and M32 and maybe other weapons neither.

22) What are team deaths and kills? It says I have both 1015 on ND.com but I have no clue what it is.

No idea.

23) When I get kicked, DCed, or leave a match does it save my stats? Usually it does save my trophies progress but not the medals I achieved. I have 5/50 Assassin medals, but it only shows 4 in my stats.

Everytime you leave a match, it is counted as "loss". Trophy medals are earned, but you lose treasures and, as you said, stats don't update.

Curious. The only medals you shouldn't obtain in labs are those realated to wins.

Weird, I have had it about 5 or 6 times, should have gotten the trophy by now.

2 were in the Lab, one of them was a clusterbomb throwback, so you can imagine how pissed I was, it was the first time I got a kill with a thrownback kickback grenade. Another one was part of a double kill, which I only received 1 HHT medal for. The other 2 or 3 were single kills, but clearly from a thrownback grenade.

And what about High Five medals?

Sometimes I don't get them, not sure if I'm just too late, or I was too far away from the body of the enemy we killed.

And it also seems very glitchy.

Everytime you leave a match, it is counted as "loss". Trophy medals are earned, but you lose treasures and, as you said, stats don't update.

And does that also happen when I get kicked for TK-ing, kicked for no reason (like I said before) or when I get a freeze? (Which happens almost every day lately. :S

Do you still want to play 3TDM together? I got 5 wins now and need 23 more High Five medals. 2 days ago I won 3 times in a row with a friend in SS, those were pretty good matches. Shame the opponents left after 3 matches.