Protector trials question

Legchomper

Hey guys, so I played this game ages ago on the xbox 360 and I remember having traps such as decoy and stuff, but when I attempted it just recently I didn't have anything except basic ammo. Do I need to play through the story first or do I need to just pass some trials and unlock more things that way? I completely forgot. 

39 minutes ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

Hey guys, so I played this game ages ago on the xbox 360 and I remember having traps such as decoy and stuff, but when I attempted it just recently I didn't have anything except basic ammo. Do I need to play through the story first or do I need to just pass some trials and unlock more things that way? I completely forgot. 

You're limited to specific plasmids, tonics, and weapons in most of the Protector Trials. Only the bonus ones allow you to use any plasmid/tonic/weapon that you want. Also, you can jump into the DLC right away without having to play the story first.

2 hours ago, cr1s said:

You're limited to specific plasmids, tonics, and weapons in most of the Protector Trials. Only the bonus ones allow you to use any plasmid/tonic/weapon that you want. Also, you can jump into the DLC right away without having to play the story first.

Yeah, I know that but I saw a video for the Perfect Protector trophy and someone was using decoy and the rivet gun traps in trial one but I don't have decoy or special bullets for my rivet gun. I was just wondering how to get decoy and stuff because I saw saw someone using it in trial one. 

1 hour ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

Yeah, I know that but I saw a video for the Perfect Protector trophy and someone was using decoy and the rivet gun traps in trial one but I don't have decoy or special bullets for my rivet gun. I was just wondering how to get decoy and stuff because I saw saw someone using it in trial one. 

Which map does this "trial one" you mention take place in?

3 hours ago, cr1s said:

Which map does this "trial one" you mention take place in?

It's the first mission you can select, here's the video showing that they used decoy and bolts. I managed to get the protector trophy but I'm still confused. Is there a difference between the Xbox 360 and PS3 version? Is this trial one? If it is I can't use the big daddy decoy, the traps they put on the floor or my drill. Am I going crazy?

Edited by Blaidd-Cysgodol

13 hours ago, cr1s said:

Oh, I see. This is actually the second trial in The Adonis Baths as the equipment list for that trial matches what's in the video. As far as I know there's no difference between the console versions when it comes to this DLC.

Ok thanks, I'll check it out later. If it's there I'll let you know how silly I was being ?