Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition free with PS+ 12 month purchase in EU region... if you're not a member at the moment.

Oobedoob S Benubi

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/06/02/join-ps-plus-and-get-a-copy-of-star-wars-battlefront-premium-edition/

Thought about joining the light side (or the dark) of the Force and taking part in the galactic battle waging online in Star Wars Battlefront? There’s a good reason right now to give into temptation, as for a limited time only, if you sign up to PS Plus for 12 months, you’ll receive a digital code for Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition for PlayStation 4.

The Ultimate Edition of DICE’s fantastic PS4 multiplayer title includes all four expansion packs – including both the iconic Death Star and Rogue One’s Scarif map – which amounts to more than 30 maps, 14 heroes and 14 game modes combined. You’ll also get to handle 11 weapons (we favour Han Solo’s trusty blaster, the DL-44) from the sci-fi franchise and tap into 24 upgraded Star Cards to deploy on the battlefield.

And by joining PS Plus you’ll be able to make big savings on future game purchases with exclusive discounts, enjoy two PS4 games to download and play each month and partake in your games’ online multiplayer modes.

The offer’s available until 30th June at 23.59 BST, or while stocks of Star Wars Battlefront codes last, so whether you’re Rebel Alliance or Empire, now’s the perfect time to join!

Personally, I'm pretty pissed about it being for non-members only, especially as my own subscription runs out during July, just too late to get in on this - even though I only want the game so I can get a hold of the Star Wars VR Mission for when I get a new VR set.

Isn't the idea of PS+ IGC games enough, should Battlefront have been an IGC game instead? Is Sony right in offering non-members more stuff to join? What are your opinions?

Edited by BillyHorrible

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Personally, I'm pretty pissed about it being for non-members only, especially as my own subscription runs out during July, just too late to get in on this - even though I only want the game so I can get a hold of the Star Wars VR Mission for when I get a new VR set.

Isn't the idea of PS+ IGC games enough, should Battlefront have been an IGC game instead? Is Sony right in offering non-members more stuff to join? What are your opinions?

I don't have a problem with it. Clearly the IGC hasn't been enough to get everyone on board, perhaps this incentive will gain them some subscribers. Seems like the type of person that would join because a particular game is offered as part of IGC isn't going to buy the 12 month, but rather the 1 or 3 month sub. If Sony can offer something that costs them a couple bucks to get people locked in for a year, then they'll take the loss.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I don't have a problem with it. Clearly the IGC hasn't been enough to get everyone on board, perhaps this incentive will gain them some subscribers. Seems like the type of person that would join because a particular game is offered as part of IGC isn't going to buy the 12 month, but rather the 1 or 3 month sub. If Sony can offer something that costs them a couple bucks to get people locked in for a year, then they'll take the loss.

Wouldn't giving the game away with all yearly subscriptions do the same thing though, as well as please regular members?

1 hour ago, Babsimabuse said:

I think they´ll give that game soon "free" to all psplus-subscribers as part of a monthly igc. just before part 2 is coming out.

Yeah, probably. Won't be the Ultimate Edition though.

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

Wouldn't giving the game away with all yearly subscriptions do the same thing though, as well as please regular members?

Not if Sony is thinking long-term and creating a sense of urgency. And as Sony has learned with the IGC, there is no pleasing regular members. *ducks*

Just now, DaivRules said:

Not if Sony is thinking long-term and creating a sense of urgency. And as Sony has learned with the IGC, there is no pleasing regular members. *ducks*

Personally I actually pay for PS+ just for the IGC games, and I think it's worth it :) the occasional sale is a nice bonus but I'm not in to multiplayer.

About Battlefront, I guess that I'm just still pissed that EA tries to make me buy their bad MP only game for the X-Wing VR demo mission instead of making it available for all for €5 or so as a standalone PSN game.

• Like 1