Jasons Traps

So in Friday the 13th, when you play Jason you get a set number of traps. These traps can be set almost anywhere (not in a cabin) and when tripped, Jason is alerted. You can disarm the trap by using a pocket knife, but Jason still gets alerted. I recently lost a PSN friend for this game cause when I play Jason, I trap everything, the phone box, car, boat, etc. If i kill you and you got gas, the battery, etc. I will put a trap on it.

My former friend says the developers have supposidly come out and said that Jason's traps were not meant to be used this way, Instead they were to be used around door, windows, and such. (I havent found such a article or anything). I personally believe that if that if that was true, then they would have patched it with the last update to make it to where you couldnt lay traps around those areas.

I am not however, the only player to do this since almost every Jason player does the same. Yes, it makes survival damn near impossible but, thats the way it is. My former friend says its bullshit, what are your thoughts?

Back in April, trapping objectives was what Wes (one of the co-creators) specifically said was one of the uses of traps. Back then there was no way to disarm traps by counselors, which has since changed. So I'd say your "friend" is wrong unless they've since changed their minds (likely on Twitter).

Anyways, Jason traps are a powerful tool and they are by no means OP. Counselors can work together to disarm them with "sacrifices" (there are plenty of healing sprays to help with that), they can be triggered accidentally (or on purpose if you don't let others know you saw a trap at an objective) or solo on purpose (for example: you're the only person alive but you got lucky or something and Jason has morphed recently, giving you time to free yourself from the trap and handle the objective), or you can sacrifice one of the precious pocket knifes to disarm them (crouch and press x on the trap). Of course, you could also end up with a Jason who doesn't notice the trap sounds/exp notification (or check his map) or one who has to choose between your trapped objective and another distraction (an escaping car, for example). I've won counselor games where every major objective had one trap, and I've lost counselor games where only windows and entrances were trapped - that's the nature of the game.

In the end, this is just another "Jason is too OP" complaint. Lots of people have wanted his grabs, shifting, morphing, water kills, throwing knives, melee, etc nerfed. There's no pleasing everyone, but Jason should not be nerfed on everything just because people can't find ways to combat them. I do wish they'd come up with something fun to do for counselors who die within the first 2 minutes though, because that's not very fun to spectate especially with people who hide the whole game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zadorvp said:

Back in April, trapping objectives was what Wes (one of the co-creators) specifically said was one of the uses of traps. Back then there was no way to disarm traps by counselors, which has since changed. So I'd say your "friend" is wrong unless they've since changed their minds (likely on Twitter).

Anyways, Jason traps are a powerful tool and they are by no means OP. Counselors can work together to disarm them with "sacrifices" (there are plenty of healing sprays to help with that), they can be triggered accidentally (or on purpose if you don't let others know you saw a trap at an objective) or solo on purpose (for example: you're the only person alive but you got lucky or something and Jason has morphed recently, giving you time to free yourself from the trap and handle the objective), or you can sacrifice one of the precious pocket knifes to disarm them (crouch and press x on the trap). Of course, you could also end up with a Jason who doesn't notice the trap sounds/exp notification (or check his map) or one who has to choose between your trapped objective and another distraction (an escaping car, for example). I've won counselor games where every major objective had one trap, and I've lost counselor games where only windows and entrances were trapped - that's the nature of the game.

In the end, this is just another "Jason is too OP" complaint. Lots of people have wanted his grabs, shifting, morphing, water kills, throwing knives, melee, etc nerfed. There's no pleasing everyone, but Jason should not be nerfed on everything just because people can't find ways to combat them. I do wish they'd come up with something fun to do for counselors who die within the first 2 minutes though, because that's not very fun to spectate especially with people who hide the whole game.

Well I guess I lost 2 friends cause of this. The one swears that im being "a cheap player" by doing this. However, knowing that I am indeed doing this right. Means I am justified in standing my ground. Thank you

• Like 1