Cartman's Franchise Plan (South Park: The Fractured But Whole)

I know this isn't exactly new information, but I felt like discussing the Franchise Plan for a bit, since it's possibly the most hilarious thing from the trailers.

46j6LYo.png

• Naturally, Cartman gives The Coon the most screentime since he thinks it's the most popular character. Compare a bit to Iron Man, who has the most solo movies as well as a lot of appearances in other people's movies.
  • Human Kite (which is Kyle) has no less than two movies of his own in Phase 1 but disappears from the board completely afterwards. Two possible reasons: Cartman plans on having Human Kite only appear in team movies afterwards (like Hulk), or he'll even try to kill off Human Kite late Phase 1, or early Phase 2.
  • Mysterion (Kenny) stays only on Netflix at first (first mention in a movie is at the end of Phase 2), which of course references the Marvel Netflix shows with all kinds of characters who reference the movies, but the shows never get referenced in the movies themselves. I'd like to point out that part of Mysterion is that he dies a lot and comes back to life afterwards, so perhaps Cartman has taken a closer look at Marvel and has noticed that the Netflix shows are reserved for the heroes with darker stories. Note also that Mysterion has two seasons in Phase 1, so each phase seems to be a multi-year plan just like with Marvel.
  • Fastpass (Jimmy) is a Flash-type character and as such, is a Fox series instead of Netflix. Funny enough, The Flash has been on The CW for two years now but last week it appeared on Netflix over here.
  • Cartman has planned a prequels part, which hasn't happened in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, though DC seems to at least flirt with the idea with the Wonder Woman movie being set a few decades before the other films.
  • Gotta love SuperCraig X WonderTweek (Japanese Market)... I wonder how much Craig and Tweek had to say about this before Cartman put it up on the board, but yeah they would be the perfect couple to do this with. Also note that it seems that they'll end up on opposite sides of the "Civil War" conflict that is the main revealed part of the plot in the game.
  • Next to the above Japanese release, Cartman also has a movie planned for Asia in general and for Latin America (and what seems to be a live show for Coachella) so Cartman is doing a bit of region binding here with movie ideas too risky to produce for the worldwide market.
  • Tupperware (Token), being a black super hero, obviously releases only late into the plan. This has been touched upon in the trailers and is a jab at Marvel with only white heroes for years, until finally Black Panther gets his own movie.
  • On the same note, it seems that it's not until the final Coon And Friends movie that Cartman wants to introduce a female super hero into the franchise. Naturally another jab at Marvel, which has skilled fighters Black Widow and Gamora but otherwise an entirely male cast - the first female superheroes to be included in the movie titles will be Wasp (in Ant-Man And The Wasp) and Captain Marvel, and Captain Marvel is the first on screen with actual superpowers.

All in all, I think this plan is amazing and I hope we get to hear more about it in the game.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, kapitein said:

This is just a sign in his secret base, I don't think it will get any attention throughout the rest of the game...

I mean, the whole trailer is a discussion of the franchise. That's what starts the "civil war", as it were. I don't know if they'll provide the details that Billy Horrible is looking for, but it's certainly more than a "sign in his secret base".

1 hour ago, kapitein said:

This is just a sign in his secret base, I don't think it will get any attention throughout the rest of the game...

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

I mean, the whole trailer is a discussion of the franchise. That's what starts the "civil war", as it were. I don't know if they'll provide the details that Billy Horrible is looking for, but it's certainly more than a "sign in his secret base".

The board doesn't need to get attention to be important or funny. Just like the board in The Cabin In The Woods, it's probably just a background prop, and just like in The Cabin In The Woods, there's a lot of info that you could get from it.

I don't think the game will give the kind of detail I wrote down at all, I think it's a fun blink-and-miss moment for fans, maybe with one or two things actually becoming important.

Let's remember that it's just Cartman's franchise plan, and it's likely that nothing will come from it, at most Cartman will try to discuss some of his choices. I just thought it would be fun to take an in-depth look at this board and what it all referred to.

Edited by BillyHorrible