On Cloud 99 Trophy (Easiest & Fastest Way to get Lives)

rubhen925

Note: To preface the video I have to mention that this was not something I came up with. My friend on PSN, sk8dududu mentioned this to me and I used it to earn the trophy. He is doing platinum relic runs and has some ridiculous times for those time trials. So take a look at this channel if you want to be amazed.
Sk8dududu's channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHfVBtUCEgP793bGoryVL5g

To get this method to work you will need the green gem from the Lost City Level in Island 2. To get the green gem you will need to destroy all the boxes in the level and complete the level without dying. Now when doing bonus sections involving the female bandicoot and dr. Nitrus brio, you can die and you can still earn the green gem. But you cannot die in the main level. Keep that in mind.

Once you have the green gem, go to the Castle Machinery level and take the green gem lift up. It’s located to the left when you begin the level, before you fall down. When you step off the lift you will notice 29 (I say 23 by accident...) lives in front of you. Pick them up, use the lift on the right side to get to the portal to finish the level. Now save the game, and quit to the main menu. Load the save, go into the castle machinery level and pick those lives again. Rinse and repeat. Doing this you will get to 99 lives in a mere 3 minutes, and once you reach 99 lives the trophy will unlock.

Cheers,

• Like 2

The way I did was on the later level in the sky, you know those rickety bridge ones? I don't wanna name it in case I do the wrong one, I think it's The High Road though.

Anyway, there's 2 life tokens right at the start of the level. I got those 2, reloaded the autosave to trigger the life tokens to reappear, and kept going until I hit 99. 

There are a lot of lives in this game, I used the 29 lives one you mentioned in Castle Machinery to get the last 15 or so lives I needed for the trophy.

Edited by Ric