DUST 514 first impressions

wackyracer8

What exactly is it anyway? If i had to guess id say some FPS, but whats the gimmick?

It's an FPS in the same universe as the PC MMO, EVE Online. I do believe that it is planned for PC players to have some sort of control over the battles the PS3 players will fight and possibly interact with the battle itself by sending supplies and things of that nature. Don't hold me to that though, as it's information I've read on forums not from the developers themselves.

That being said, I've been in the game since July of last year and I've really enjoyed it. It is a kind of mix between Battlefield and Call of Duty and the battles play very interesting, in my opinion.

Parker

It's an FPS in the same universe as the PC MMO, EVE Online. I do believe that it is planned for PC players to have some sort of control over the battles the PS3 players will fight and possibly interact with the battle itself by sending supplies and things of that nature. Don't hold me to that though, as it's information I've read on forums not from the developers themselves.

That being said, I've been in the game since July of last year and I've really enjoyed it. It is a kind of mix between Battlefield and Call of Duty and the battles play very interesting, in my opinion.

Parker

Played some today. While i think the whole interaction with PC gamers and the set up is cool, such as the marketplace, the actual battles feel dated and rather boring honestly. The maps are huge considering there are only 32 people. Bummer. :c