Easy method to complete the Checkpoint Challenges

lordzeze

I originally found this on the TA site.

First go to chill run and pick the character you want to complete the checkpoint challenge for. Now you will want to get to the 6th stage (the ice stage with the moon). Once you reach this stage, keep dying until the run ends (it usually takes around 10 deaths for the run to end). Once the retry menu comes up the game will think that you completed the checkpoint challenge for that character, You can do this for all the characters. This will unlock the Time Traveller and Time Traveller Champion trophies without much effort.

However, there is a caveat when using this method and with the Completionist trophy for earning all the in game accomplishments. Using this method will unlock the in game accomplishments for completing the checkpoint challenges for each character and for beating checkpoint challenges for all characters. However, for whatever reason, it will not unlock the accomplishment for completing checkpoint challenge with any character. So to get this trophy you will have to actually complete checkpoint challenge with 1 character (I recommend Cosmo).

To sum up the last point, The Completionist trophy acts like a plat in this game where it should unlock once you get the other trophies (because the other trophies tie in to the accomplishments), but if you use this method the Completionist trophy won't unlock until you complete 1 actual checkpoint challenge (despite the fact that all the other trophies are unlocked.

Edited by lordzeze
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, leptonic said:

Really!? im gonna try it, thx, somehow I found this mode quite annoying, sometimes the jump button doesn't work properly making me to lose a heart, it's so stupid...

Yeah the jump mechanic seems to be buggy especially in the first ice world. Was really annoying when trying to get the collectibles in the 5th level (as you have to go through the 4th level - the ice level - with full health). 

Edited by lordzeze