Do you think I would like this game?

ThiophenSJ

A quite personal question and hard to judge, but here are some information about me to make it easier:

I only played one single ego-shooter in my life, it was called "The Conduit" and was on the Wii. I only picked it up because I loved the Metroid Prime games, which got me closer to the ego-perspective. I kinda despise violence, but in science-fiction settings it's okay for me. As long as it doesn't get all slimy with exploding aliens. Don't judge me. :P Anyway, I loved the Conduit and had a lot of fun with it. Played well over 100 hours I think. But it was also the Wii's direct motion aiming that interested me. I never played a shooter with analogue sticks at all. I also extremely love Star Wars. I was thinking back and forth about getting Battlefront since the day it released, now the Deluxe Edition with Season Pass is super cheap on PSN. Another factor that I'm unsure of is my style of playing. In multiplayer games I played so far (Assassin's Creed multiplayer modes for example, or Splatoon) I was always the lone-wolf type of player. I'm not really into having a group of friends on my head-set and always working together. I'm not really uncoorperative in team modes, I always try to understand what's the best tactic without anyone really having to tell me in my ear and I personally think I'm quite good at that - was always one of the front players in AC or Splatoon in my ranking and my team often won. But I always despised when an extremely well coordinated clan suddenly popped up in the AC games and you had no chance anymore. It's their good right to do that and puts them at a strategically better position, but I hate it, because it doesn't fit my style.

Judging by all this, do you guys think I would rather love or rather hate Battlefront? I usually tend to put a lot of time into my games, so I want this to be well thought through. :)

Thanks for your answers in advance!

18 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

A quite personal question and hard to judge, but here are some information about me to make it easier:

I only played one single ego-shooter in my life, it was called "The Conduit" and was on the Wii. I only picked it up because I loved the Metroid Prime games, which got me closer to the ego-perspective. I kinda despise violence, but in science-fiction settings it's okay for me. As long as it doesn't get all slimy with exploding aliens. Don't judge me. :P Anyway, I loved the Conduit and had a lot of fun with it. Played well over 100 hours I think. But it was also the Wii's direct motion aiming that interested me. I never played a shooter with analogue sticks at all. I also extremely love Star Wars. I was thinking back and forth about getting Battlefront since the day it released, now the Deluxe Edition with Season Pass is super cheap on PSN. Another factor that I'm unsure of is my style of playing. In multiplayer games I played so far (Assassin's Creed multiplayer modes for example, or Splatoon) I was always the lone-wolf type of player. I'm not really into having a group of friends on my head-set and always working together. I'm not really uncoorperative in team modes, I always try to understand what's the best tactic without anyone really having to tell me in my ear and I personally think I'm quite good at that - was always one of the front players in AC or Splatoon in my ranking and my team often won. But I always despised when an extremely well coordinated clan suddenly popped up in the AC games and you had no chance anymore. It's their good right to do that and puts them at a strategically better position, but I hate it, because it doesn't fit my style.

Judging by all this, do you guys think I would rather love or rather hate Battlefront? I usually tend to put a lot of time into my games, so I want this to be well thought through. :)

Thanks for your answers in advance!

I see you're a completionist my friend. I'm the same and also got sucked in by the price but i soon discovered whats involved to 100% the game and yeah.. Unless you're a big Star Wars/Multiplayer/FPS fan forget about it.. 

More importantly, i noticed NFS was your completionist killer. How far through prestige did you get and what are your thoughts?

Im currently playing it myself and just hope its not my killer too ?

• Like 1

Before Battlefront I only played one shooter online for about ten minutes and that was it. I generally prefer playing offline and usually don't play shooters at all. But I like Star Wars and that was enough for me to enjoy this game. In my experience a lot of fun can be had without caring too much about tactics or coordinating with the others.

Seeing your impressive completion rate however, like Demon--Prototype I urge you to consider whether you are prepared to spend the time required to get all the trophies, there are some that I ignored because (to me at least) there is no fun in them and it would take me forever to get them. I think most of them can be done simply by being patient and keeping at it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

I see you're a completionist my friend. I'm the same and also got sucked in by the price but i soon discovered whats involved to 100% the game and yeah.. Unless you're a big Star Wars/Multiplayer/FPS fan forget about it.. 

40 minutes ago, Karlsson89 said:

Seeing your impressive completion rate however, like Demon--Prototype I urge you to consider whether you are prepared to spend the time required to get all the trophies, there are some that I ignored because (to me at least) there is no fun in them and it would take me forever to get them. I think most of them can be done simply by being patient and keeping at it.

Well, I can't deny that I have some sort of completion OCD, though I always try to not make trophies control my choice of buying a game. I generally don't have any problem in investing 100+ hours into a game until platinum, if said game is fun. Good a quarter of my list if not more are JRPG's that take very long and are quite grindy, but I had fun with all of them. And I also still play games a long time after platinum, Sword Art Online Hollow Realization and FFXV for example. But yeah, if I'm unsure if a game would be of my liking, I certainly consider the trophies, and Battlefront takes quite some investion there...

47 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

More importantly, i noticed NFS was your completionist killer. How far through prestige did you get and what are your thoughts?

Oh god, prestige mode on NFS is terrible. Mind you, I'm not a great racing gamer, I'm quite more of the RPG/ action gamer, but still, these prestige events are nuts. How long are these out, a year, or two, or don't even remember. In all this time I constantly came back to these events and up until now I only managed to get Bronze on half of them. Silver on a single one. I never even dare to dream about Gold. So really, good luck there buddy... quite literally, as these races are incredibely luck based.

Edited by ShadowStefan