Coal plant - not enough fuel

Calhoun_84

I just started playing this game and I'm getting annoyed by the fact that my power plants aren't working good enough because the don't have enough oil. I searched the internet and this seems to happen when there are many traffic jams. But my city doesn't even have 900 people living in there and despite this i've build my plant directly near the road entrance at the map and connected the main road with a 6-lane road. So I'm 100% sure traffic isn't the problem.

Is there anyone who played this game (on pc or ps4) who can shed some light on how the pp's works?

Edited by Calhoun_84

I've played countless hours on PC and I also had that problem in the beginning. 

Try building the coal plant on a secondary road instead of the entrance to the city. There might be a lot of vehicles coming into the city and the trucks carrying the coal might be stuck in traffic causing the fuel on your coal plant to be low. 

Could you show me a screenshot of your city (the entrance where your plant is located)?

EDIT: Check if the entrance of your city is One-way or Two-way roads, trucks might not be able to get to the plant. Furthermore, placing coal plants, police stations, hospitals, etc. on a 6-lane road might be a bad idea for the future.

Edited by bpmotard
Remembered One-Way roads might affect traffic
  • Like 3

Thanks for your response, I found out what I did wrong. I build the plant on the wrong side of the map without connecting both ramps of the highway proper enough. I started a new map with the highway closer to the city limits and build a roundabout a to create a better small city connection to the highway. Hopeful it will work this way. The truck didn't had any problem to reach the plant so I think it will work. At least until the city gets bigger.

9 hours ago, Calhoun_84 said:

Thanks for your response, I found out what I did wrong. I build the plant on the wrong side of the map without connecting both ramps of the highway proper enough. I started a new map with the highway closer to the city limits and build a roundabout a to create a better small city connection to the highway. Hopeful it will work this way. The truck didn't had any problem to reach the plant so I think it will work. At least until the city gets bigger.

I'm glad it worked out :)

How's the game in general? Are the FPS consistent? Are you enjoying playing it with a controller?

2 hours ago, bpmotard said:

I'm glad it worked out :)

How's the game in general? Are the FPS consistent? Are you enjoying playing it with a controller?

FPS are pretty consistent, some small drops but nothing annoying. I don't use auto-save so I don't know if that works smoothly. But my city is still small so I don't know how it will work out when it's bigger.

Playing with the controller is surprisingly natural, It works pretty good.

On 14/08/2017 at 9:46 PM, bpmotard said:

Furthermore, placing coal plants, police stations, hospitals, etc. on a 6-lane road might be a bad idea for the future.

Hmmm, I wonder if that's why when I checked my medical centre it was empty, then 10 minutes of blissfully expanding a residential district elsewhere I got the trophy for 15% happiness, turns out everyone was ill!

10 hours ago, richtayls said:

Hmmm, I wonder if that's why when I checked my medical centre it was empty, then 10 minutes of blissfully expanding a residential district elsewhere I got the trophy for 15% happiness, turns out everyone was ill!

That is likely due to ambulances can't make 2 point turns on a six lane road, like they can on a normal two way road. So they can't either reach the people at all or they take a lot time to do so.

Tip: If you think you have too few ambulances, try increasing the medical budget :)

• Like 2