Secret boss fight requirements clarification

Hourisathand

Hey everyone, I was finishing up my second play through and

Spoiler

when it came to getting the invitation from Margaret; she didn't do it.

I figured out that I forgot to

Spoiler

defeat the optional boss in the nanako dungeon and did that on 2/4. I couldn't do it any earlier. So, according to the trophy guide on here it has to be done by 3/20 but other places on the web say by the end of January

. Can anyone clarify?  I'm already 150+ hours in this game so I don't want to screw it up again on my next playthrough.

Edited by Stevieboy
added spoiler tags

I also missed this boss and had the same problem, luckily I had an earlier save. I did the optional boss I missed before finishing the Magastu Inaba dungeon which I read in a few places was required (December.)

Are you sure you met the other requirements? All optional bosses, and you had the True Ending on your first playthrough? Your also using data from your first playthrough in New Game +? I also read online that her Social Link needs to be maxed, I had done this aswell since I was going for the Inaba Legend trophy anyway but I don't think I maxed her link until Febuary.

There is alot of conflicting information on the web, but I'd say play it safe and reload a save from December and get it done then, if you skip all the dialog and just run through the dungeons without fighting the trash mobs it won't take you long, you also do not need to save:

Spoiler

Marie

In order to unlock the battle with

Spoiler

Margeret

Edited by tpepper1985

• 6 months later...

Finish Margret and Marie's social link. Yes, you need to do both of their social links. Marie's will put you on the true ending path. Margret's will allow you to access the fight. This fight can only be fought on the last day, before you fight the final true ending boss. 

Spoiler

Izanami

Again, this boss can only be fought on the last day. 

Fight:

• Switch the difficulty to very easy.
  • Everyone needs to be at Lv. 99
  • Have Naoto in your party. (Max Social Link, with extra awakening included) She will use Megido skills.
  • Have Teddie in your party. (Max Social Link, with extra awakening included) He will heal, and buff the party.
  • Have Youske in your party. (Max Social Link, with extra awakening included) He will do whatever you can do.